BYYB Forums

Full Version: For Arron S. & Craig G. Auxilary power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Arron and Craig, thank you for your input regarding using a leaf blower for a power unit. Craig, no I have not done any experimenting with one, just a thought. Arron, owning a small engine repair shop really gives you an insight to how this might work. the whole idea is just that, an idea. Electric probably will be the way to go, that or a good set of oars.Ha,,,That would be a real workout. Anyway I just wanted to thank both of you for the input. I have been away from the computer and that is why this response is so late. All is well in Reno, fall is coming, I can feel it in the air, then winter, baa humbug...... Take care

aaron_stokes

well, let me know if you do try it. i am always interested in mad science. if you don't give the idea a try before the next messabout, i have a few blowers lying around. i think it would be fun to play with it. if i dig up 2 or 3 of them i could really have some fun. :twisted:

sir, you have peaked my interest.
Bob there is nothing wrong with engineering for engineerings sake. Most great discoveries were made while looking for something else. The energy losses with the blower will be great and I doubt the volume is sufficient to move the boat to maintain steerage; however, using the air to drive a water jet might work. I can't comment on how long you could take the noise though 8) 8)