BYYB Forums

Full Version: wanted: stephensons cat plans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

as i recall, the stephensons web site used to offer a 14 foot or so cat plan that looked like a hoot to build. i wanted one from the first time i saw the site but even back then, they were out of prints. is there anyone out there who would not mind parting with a set? let me know. an email would be the best way to contact me. thanx!
Aaron, I sent you an e-mail.
I bought a set of plans for a small cat some 30-35 years ago.  It never got built, and I've since lost the plans, but I suspect it was probably Stevenson's.  I would love another crack at that one, if anyone has those plans, still.
We are very likely bringing all of the older plans back in reprint form soon. Many of our plans have run out over the decades, and the costs of reprinting a few thousand of them was prohibitive. We've been scanning most of our project plans from the '70's forward and will be making them available again soon, and I have to say, I'm quite glad about this!

There are some fun old projects in there!

Mike
Hey Mike, good to see you back in action again, you and your dad bring a lot of reassurance to the newbies by voicing you opinion here. Bringing back the older plans will spur other builders to the (new to them) plans and we will see a flock of new builders here. That's what keeps it interesting for me! Warren ;D
For us too! The feedback we've received over the decades has been such a positive, enduring influence on our family. I think a lot of why many of us post on these forums is for that same reason: Seeing new builders get a thrill out of creating things for themselves is really rewarding. The building process is transformative, for more than just the immediate people!

And it's going to be fun to get more people together for sails too!!

Mike
Is this what you are looking for?
These came with what was left of a mini cat after it sat by a shed on
the ground, uncovered for a few years.
I was going to build rebuild it but just bought a aquacat 12 instead.

[Image: 310903_10150298259757180_688797179_77410...1726_n.jpg]

Daniel Gross
Weekender
Dark Wind
Well, asking for out catamaran plans doesn't narrow it down too much. We had the Family Cat, the Hydro-Cat, the Mini-Cat, and the T-Cat. Not counting the two catamaran deck boats...

I suspect he means these: The Mini-Cat you show above.

;-)

Mike
Mike there was a large cat Y'all made, it had a cabin on it, I dont know if y'all ever offered plans for it. I do remember seeing photos of it on the stevensons site, i'll have to look again to se if it's still there, if it is i will repost the pic of it, but what can you tell me of it if anything, any plans in the future?

Brian.