BYYB Forums

Full Version: House Hunting on the Weekender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

My First Mate and I went for a sail around the famous Yellowknife houseboat of the Northwest Territories.

Not much wind but we had a great time.

We were also once again joined by the Ginny Rae and her crew.

Cheers

Denis
Polar Dip
PICTURES?! You cruised around a FAMOUS houseboat and now your just going to tell us about it? We want pictures!
I'm glad you're enjoying your boat, it's great that you have so many others so close to sail with. It's really amazing when you think about how spread out things are up there. Keep sailing while the water is wet, I'm waiting for the heat to cool down here and the winds to pick up. Sailing when it's in the 90's and windless is just not much fun.

Keith
I tried but it would not upload.

But here they are

[Image: thumb_10.JPG]

[Image: thumb_12.JPG]

[Image: thumb_11.JPG]

[Image: thumb_14.JPG]
Great sail Denis, we were there a few times now. Here are more photos of the FAMOUS houseboats: http://web.mac.com/ryersonclark/Site_3/S...hotos.html

Years ago National Geographic even did a piece on them.
Denis that was a fun evening, Alex looked happy to be on Polar Dip with you. Ryerson those pictures on your blog are neat.

I always take visitors out on Ginny Rae around the houseboats, they are one of Yellowknife's unique attractions.

Greg
Where do the houseboats go in the hard water season?
They stay right there Craig. People live on them year round. In the winter one guy even has his plane on skies beside his houseboat. Winter also lets them drive their trucks/cars right to the door. Breakup and freeze up are the hardest for them. They come ashore with one foot on the ice and one in a canoe. Big Grin