BYYB Forums

Full Version: Sans Souci water trials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Saturday afternoon was excellent sailing weather, bright sun, 6 knot southern winds, temperature of 23 celcius. Our afternoon started with a small flipping party, we turned Keith Shergold's Weekender back up right so he could clean her up and rerig for sailing, following his hull repairs. Ryerson, Annie, Keith, my son, his friend, and I did the deed.

Ryerson and Annie then headed to try their new tender, and sail Sans Souci around back bay area. I talked Keith into leaving Made Merry in her hot tent, and join my son and I to sail Ginny Rae. We started downwind from my mooing to meet Ryerson and Annie. We arrived 30 mintutes later, and cruised around with Sans Souci and her crew. I forgot my camera, however Annie had their video camera. So they shot some footage of us, we exchanged the camera and I captured some of Sans Souci's graceful sailing moves. After some messing about in the bay, Sans Souci and Ginny Rae departed for home with their respective crews.

A wonderful afternoon was had by all, Keith was glad to get back on the water,and try out my tiller steering rig. I hope that the Clark's can post some pictures on this thread.

Greg
I am glad you guys had a good time, I wish I could of meet up with you.
I had the boat under full sail yesterday and today at Prelude, It was going pretty good but there was not much wind :? .

Well will have to all get together soon.

Cheers

Denis
Excellent Denis, these boats don't need a lot of wind to move around. How did the the new rigging work? We are going to have a messabout on back bay on holiday Monday 04 August, hope Polar Dip and crew will be there.

Greg