BYYB Forums

Full Version: A new fleet is born
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, we can officially proclaim the True North Fleet is alive and well. We had a christening of Denis Goyette's Weekender Polar Dip on Sunday at Prelude Lake. Some rigging difficulties were encountered, with the strong 12-15 knot winds he opted to motor his family around the launch area instead of a sail trip. He is camping out tomorrow, and my son and I plan to go out Monday afternoon and work out the bugs in his rig and do some real sailing then.

Our fleet now consists of Ryerson, and Annie's Weekender Sans Souci, Denis and Min's Weekender Polar Dip, Keith Shergold's Weekender Made Merry, and my Vacationer Ginny Rae. For now I am acting as the Fleet Commodore. Our hope is to have a few messabouts prior to freeze up this fall.

I'll make a post about Denis' launch later on Monday with some pixs of Polar Dip under sail.

Greg
Polar Dip went undersail yesterday, Smile

Thanks to the help of Commodor Greg I would still be landlocked.

Winds were quite strong, so I only put up the jib and with the jib alone I was quite suprise by the speed I got up to. :lol:

I will try to get back out again tonight, if the winds are in my favor.

Once again thanks Greg.
Congratulations! I have looked at the "True North Fleet" heading many times and thought that "someone" should do something with it. Now you have. I can't wait to see the burgee. Maybe something with a polar bear or penguin pirate? Snoshoe grog instead of rum? Ice races with Stevenson's Vectors modified with skates for winter fun? I don't know if I fall into the area the TNF covers, I live in Montana, but can honestly say I probably would not travel north to sail. I am not being snobbish I just hate cold. These days I get chilled when the temperature drops inot the 70s. I don't know if it's the blood thinners or other poisons they have me take daily?
Good job Greg, I am so sorry I set this forum up and forgot to tell anyone it was here :oops: Good job finding and starting it out, very much appreciated, I set you up as commodore (well deserved) and you now have access to the fleet commodores forum.
Good luck with the fleet it looks as though Y'all are off to a great start.
congratulations on the launch Denis might there be any photos? Big Grin

Thanks guys it looks great
Brian.
Glad that our efforts on Polar Dip worked out Denis, from our phone conversation sound like thing worked out well. I've some pictures of the christening, and can't find my camera right now, hope I didn't shingle over it :lol: . We are almost done, about 1/3 left to cover the roof. Had to use my Vacationer winter tarp to throw over the roof until tomorrow evening. Back to work tomorrow, will deal with it in the evening.

Brian, Ryerson, and Denis are good wih my Comodore appointment.

Terry, we are straight north of you by some 1700 miles, our summers are long, warm, and pleasant. We have a long building season, and lots of white stull. Have thought of winter sailing, but the wind chill would be Brrrrr!

I'd like us to have a messabout some time in August, my work schedule doesn't have any weekends. Just holiday Monday 04 August, let's aim for that, if it works?

We'll have to design a burgee, likely with some kind of wildlife on it. Stay tuned for updates.

Greg

aaron_stokes

congrats on the new official fleet designation! i sure wish i was closer.... looks like you guys are going to have a ball 8) .
YES, I think you are righe!!!