BYYB Forums

Full Version: No plans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kurt_Ayres

Okay, I have fallen in love with the Weekender, even to the point of having a name picked out. I have just been waiting for the last couple of weeks for the "business to move" so I can order plans, etc. While waiting for this, I have been browsing through the forums, and, lo and behold, have come to the conclusion that the "move" has been going on for a year or more, and that plans are never going to be available again.

Am I getting this right?

If the Stevenson Co. is out of the boat plan business, I wish they would show the common courtesy of taking their website down so other unsuspecting potential customers like me won't be drawn in and left high and dry (literaly).

I'm not just a dreamer or plans collector, having already built two boats and currently with a fleet of four. The Weekender would have been the perfect addition--a light, compact, easy to trailer, quick to launch boat for the smaller lakes where I live.

I have been unable to find anything on the net that even comes close to filling the slot that the Weekender would have.

Kurt Ayres
Avon, Illinois
Some folks were able to order plans earlier this year, by using Paypal, but I don't suggest that currently. At the time they were successful there wasn't a "moving notice" on the Stevensons's website. It is frustrating but there are alternatives. There are people out there that have plans they haven't used that may be willing to part with them. I had a set of plans and a VHS tape, that I had not used and was not intending to use, but as of yesterday it went to another BYYB member. You might try ebay or another boating forum. Your post here should bring any BYYB member's extra plans to light if there are any.

It is obvious that there is still a demand for Stevensons plans. I think they should find someone they trust to peddle their plans. I know other designers use Duckworks. If not them perhaps someone on this board would do. They could sell the plans and DVD to people, take a small commission out to cover their time and any duplicating expense and send the rest on to the Stevensons.

Sadly nothing I say will aid you in getting a set of plans. I wish you luck.
Terry I was going to offer that scenario but couldn't get them to answer an e-mail. This is about the third year of this moving cycle business. They pop up and within a matter of days it seems they are gone again. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Hellofa way to run a railroad! 8)
Keith and I were talking about seeing if we could sell the plans for them here, but Keith could not get in contact with them. I personally think that would be a great idea.
Brian
Have you tried sending a picture of a nice bottle of rum to bait them? I'd post a picture of my bottle of Morgans Reserve but it's all but gone and so lacks the pull the picture should have.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[Image: 27_laughing.gif][Image: rotfl.gif]
Too funny I think pusserswpuld be in order.

Kurt_Ayres

Thank you for the encouragement and guidance, guys. I'll stick a "want ad" in a couple of spots and see what turns up.
Kurt I will do the same, I will place a want ad on my personal classafieds for you.
Also have you tryed the Messing about pages ?
here is the address if you have no luck here finding the plans youmay be luckey there check them out as well.
the web address is.
http://www.messing-about.com/index.php

Brian.

David Metzker

There have been a couple of cases recently on messing-about where folks have gotten thier weekender plans quite quickly using paypal
Now if you use Pay pal and you don't get your merchandise, you will get your money bak wont you? Are they insured ?
I have seen the posts maybe thars the way to go( if there is no risk of your loss).
Brian.