BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another trip to Hartwell??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the Sailstice this year. However, I do want to organize a long-distance cruise on Lake Hartwell for small boats. Last year, Keith and I had a great experience cruising out to an island in the middle of the lake where we anchored. This year, I plan on taking my smaller 12' dory and want do some practicing for the Texas 200.

The plan would be to launch from Hart State Park and figure out a multi-day route that would cover a good part of the lake. Probably depart on Friday and make it back late sunday afternoon. Find anchorages and/or beaches to sleep on along the way. Any interest?
Tis Possable scott i will have to see but between this weekend and the one where I take my wife to the mountains pretty much burns up my vac time.
Good to see you again, School all done this year? hows the boats doing?

Brian.

Brian_Watford

I would love to do this. If you don't mind if I bring my plastic boat. I am getting too old and ornery to sleep on the ground these days.
Spring teaching is over but still doing a lot of teaching and service. No rest for the wicked I guess. Spent a lot of time doing upgrades to the Mac26D for the BEER cruise. Now I want to do some upgrades to "Plum Crazy" including making a bimini. Need the shade down south as you know!

Plastic boats are more than welcome.
OK let's go, when do we leave? You missed a good time last weekend Scott, wish you could have been there

Keith
I wish I could have been there as well. However, I did have a great time with the family in Norway visiting my old house and seeing how everything had changed in 20 years. Besides, I got to ogle hundreds of beautifully varnished wooden boats all up and down the coast. Been trying to do this Norway trip for 3 years and finally just decided to go.

Weekends of July 19th, August 2nd, September 6th and 27th are open on my calendar. July 19th squeezes me a bit on time to construct my bimini but it is possible. I plan on making my frame out of wood and sewing up the cover. Shouldn't take too long actually....
Scott Hold that date at the first of September for a few days and let me see if I can have the Nickajack Messabout then. Bud.
It is held just for you Bud!
O.K. Scott it posted. Messabout info on Boatshead & Messabouts page. Bud.