BYYB Forums

Full Version: Things to bring to the Sailstice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are some things we'll be needing for the activities during the Sailstice weekend. If anyone can bring some of these items along it would help us out.

Duct tape for the cardboard boats Lots of tape
Scrap wood strips for the boat frames
Hand saws
Box cutting knives

1/8" braided rope for knot tying and turks head bracelets. Various colors if you can find them. Your favorite knot book.

Hot glue guns and glue sticks for the model boats
Drills and small drill bits for models
Scotch tape for models
Non toxic paints for models and brushes
Hammers

Small Toys and treasure for the hidden treasure chest.

Carbide cannons for the pirate battle of the century.

There may be some other things we need that I can't think about right now but I'll post them when I do. If you can provide some of these supplies please post a message so we'll know what we have and what we still need

Keith

Brian_Watford

Keith,
I'll bring a drill and some bits and at least one hammer. I'll also pick up some duct tape. I'll try to find some rope also and I have a couple of 3 not books I can bring. I have a contact for the Lukemia and Lymphoma society and will call them on monday. I got it from my support group leader today. I will also try to bring some xtra quarters for those who may not have 4. Have you tryed sailing one of your boats without balast?
Just wondering if it was absolutely necessary.
They need the ballast, I tried it without any and started adding the quarters till I got it right.
Thanks for your help

Keith
I know I have a drill, and a hammer, and a saw so they will be with me. Do you have a copy of Treasure Island if not I do, its brand new and I have a pirate booty bookmark as well.
I will look into the wood as I will be cutting out some paddles. also I will check out the local wholesale store to see if I can get some duct tape cheap.

Brian.
I don't have treasure island. I did put a copy of Swiss Family Robinson in there though
Ok I will bring Treasure Island as well.
I printed up the plans for the Mini Cup and binded them together to make a book. I'll add it to the chest. Maybe someone will actually build it and we'll have a new member sailing with us next year.
Here's a couple of video clips from someone who is planning to join us at the lake next week. He's from the Glen-l site and just launched his boat. She's got a unique sound to her engine. I may have to bring the seagull to compete with that noise. http://falconsplace.blogspot.com/ Turn up the volume!

Keith

Brian_Watford

If Harley Davidson made a boat, it would sound like that. 8)
I like it!
I dunno Keith, You think the seagull could compete?

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2