BYYB Forums

Full Version: I'm back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry I have been inactive the last couple of days. I have been laid up with bloody gout! been in painkiller la la land on the sofa much too far from the puter but I am back on the job once again.
Oh, did I mention, I dropped my boat the other day?
Yep I put big ol' rubber tires on the building trolley and did not have enough support on the rear wheels and when we began to push the Trojan horse out into the yard all I heard was crack! Boom! And there was my vacationer on canted on her side but with the help of my friends we got her back upright and stable I will get her wheels back on (right) this weekend.
Brian.

Brian_Watford

sounds like there was no damage. That's a good thing. Sorry to hear about your gout. I know how painful that is.
B

David Metzker

I feel ya Bud. Had a bad bout of it myself, outta work a cpl days last week,,,still walking gingerly!
Had it a couple months ago (never heard of it before that) in my ankle.
Now I have it in my knee, It's some kinda hurting for sure.

Brian.

Brian_Watford

I had it a couple of years ago. I researched and found out that it is caused by a buildup of ureic acid cristals in your joints. I had just started taking a blood preasure med of which one of the side effects is hyper uremia. I switched meds and no more gout!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Excuse me while I go knock on wood.
Eat more cherries.

Seriously, eat more cherries.

Cheers,
Tom
Someone just told me that yesterday Tom.
They said to eat 8 or 10 black cherries a day I'm off to the grocery.
Anything is better that Gout.
Now there are a couple other causes as well Brian, here they are...
Too much Lobster and shrimp, (not a problem here) Also legumes (beans)
and worst of all, (Not for causing gout, just worst to avoid)....
BEER!!!
Ouch!

Brian_Watford

Yep, beer, wine, alcohol in general, any foods based on cream such as cheese, chocolate, butter. All the good stuff. It all causes the body to produce ureic acid. They used to call gout the rich mans disease as people of means were the only ones who could afford to eat well enough to get it. I just thought I might mention my particular case on the off chance that you might have started some new meds lately. I do know only one time in my life have I had any pain worse. That was a mega dose of neupogen which makes every bone in your body produce white cells and hurt like #$%. Hope the cherries work. If I ever have it again, I'll try it for sure. Anything is better than gout.