BYYB Forums

Full Version: Where in the World is...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dale_Mogk

Mike Stevenson and his Band of Merry Men (and women too, probably)?

Here's the problem: I would like to join the BYYB. To do that I need, at the very least, a keel (not 'keek' as it is written on the .pdf application, hint, hint). To make a keel, I need a set of plans. Well, I really want to make two Super Skipjacks - preferably plan sets number one and two, but any low-number sequential plan-sets would be OK. At any rate, to get the plan-sets, StevProj needs to be open for business - and therein lies the rub.

Now, I checked the member list as I know that Mike just happens to be a member of this august body and, by clicking on his name therein, I found that his last post to this forum was 16 July last year, 7/8ths of a year ago.

Also, the stevproj website hasn't been updated in a real long time. Real commercial websites (not the merely dot com's but the ones actually doing business) need to update whenever something interesting happens. I think that moving qualifies.

Hence, the question: Does anybody know what's up with Mike and company? I am growing concerned. The SSkip looks like a real hoot and I have been champing at the bit for about a year, now.

Perplexed,

Dale
Dale,

I beleive that a new rule, just got voted in, that BYYB excepts any boat builder.

From your list of planned S/V's, sounds like your over qualified :wink:

I'm sure club officers will chime in here real quick :roll:

Welcome aboard 8)
Yes yes Mike you are quite right, Dale let me fix the sign up pdf page and the "keek" :lol:
And you are more than welcome to become a full member
We still offer the $40. Membership with all the bells and whistles but you also may join and be a full voting member for only $25.00, Just minus the goodies. Tee shirt, pin, burgee, and such, which you may buy from the ship store at a later date if you wish. I will get this fixed for you and all others as well.
Thank you for your interest Dale.
Cheers.

Brian.