BYYB Forums

Full Version: progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've really been pushing it lately and I'm very much enjoying the boat slowly coming to life. I noticed yesterday that I got junk mail indicating that somebody knows I'm a boat owner, so today I checked with my bank and saw that the state cashed my check for the registration fee. I should see my decals this week!

Last weekend I found myself barking up the wrong tree and had a good bit of thin 6" scraps of clear fir. I was looking at it and trying to figure out what I could do with it. Part of the solution was the trim I put on the companionway door. I like to refer to it as some pretty decent lemonade.

[Image: normal_DSC_0013.JPG]
[Image: normal_DSC_0019R.jpg]
[Image: normal_DSC_0012.JPG]
Wow Tom She's looking great I can't believe how quickly you have been putting her together. Thats some pretty fancy lemonade there. looks good.
You must be beside yourself, I like your tiller handle, and what is that book on the seat?

Brian.

Brian_Watford

I really like your lemonaide. That really sets off the cockpit. I am a big fan of tillers. I know you must be jonesing to get her wet.
Thanks Brian. I am getting very excited and hope very much to get her wet this weekend! That book is a little tome my wife picked up at a yard sale called "Chapman's Piloting." It is encyclopedic in scope about all things nautical, such as techniques, rules and regs, and technology. Though this copy is a bit dated with the technology, the other parts don't change much and I suspect I'll be referring to it for many years to come.
Very nice Tom! Looking forward to the floating photos.
This weekend? wow not to shabby, how long total did it take yo build her?

Brian.
Nice work Tom, looking forward to your sailing adventure stories from this coming weekend. The photo of of your tiller was timly for me as I'm in the process of builting one for my Vacationer this week.

Greg
Great work Tom. We're looking forweard to photos of the splash!! 8)
Hey Tom
Your boat looks great :!: :!: Big Grin :!: Big Grin

How did your sails turn out :?: :?:
Did you get them from Doug :?: :?:

Again your boat looks "Real Clean"

Peace Out
Karl
Thanks for all the kudos and complements. I'm becoming a bit proud of her myself. Brian, I'm afraid I've set a bit of a record that I don't think anyone wants! It has taken me approximately 4 and a half years! I started in October of '03. My fortunes have risen and fallen in that time and I'm very lucky to still have this boat. Things are on a good even keel these days.

It's Tuesday and still no sign of my decals from the state and I keep my fingers crossed. However, you must realize by now that I'm rediculously patient; perhaps to a fault. I like to think that comes from my years growing up in the south and in the Carribean! My wife thinks otherwise.
Pages: 1 2