BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bad start to the sailing season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took a laser out a couple days ago...which is bold considering the cold water temps still here in Michigan. 15 mph gusts up to 18. I got 100' from the dock and capsized! How embarrassing. I did manage to pull off a dry capsize beautifully though so I looked like I was just showing off.

I do have to admit, it was not my sailing that did me in, it was my rigging! I hastely rigged the boat and I had a twist in my main sheet between the back of the boom and the travelor. The rope was getting bound up and not allowing me to quickly adjust in the volatile weather. User error.

Brian_Watford

It is amazing how a mainsheet malfunction can quickly turn the fun into more excitement than you really care for. Been there done that. :oops:
:lol:
Jeff,

Thanks for sharing, Brrr Confusedhock:

I can feel the endorphines screaming.

The ice went out on my local lake the other day. And I want to get out there cruise with the wind. But the old girl needs some work.

Maybe, I won't be in too big of a hurry to get out there, yet.

Tired? I have to plant ten trees along the drive. I got two holes dug and had to take a nap :lol: The trees might take awhile.