BYYB Forums

Full Version: Gaff Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been Playing with the old Gaff Rig magazine and put it on it's own page. It was full of good stories and information from our builders, and was quite inspiring to me. I would like to breathe some life into it and to do that I would need some help from our members. If you would like to email me a nautical story, or somthing of similar interest. Click on my email link below, lets get her up and running. All it will cost is your two cents Big Grin
Here is the link to the Magazine just click on the wheel.
[Image: small-masthead-pardey.jpg]

Brian.

David Metzker

I too am a big fan of "Gaff Rig". Glad to see your interest in it, Brian!
Thank you David.
I am a big fan of Gaff Rig as well. I would like if at all possable, for folks to send me some stories, or how too's or just somthing interesting that you feel other folks will enjoy or benifit from.

Brian.

Brian_Watford

I would love to help with this project. I will see if I can come up with something.
Thank you Brian! I appreciate the support.

Brian.
Brian, I just saw this thread. I haven't looked at Gaff Rig for a very long time and I'm sorry it's not up and running too.

I do have a very good story I would like to share and perhaps this is something you would like to see. In 2006, my wife and I did a 5 week tour of Europe. While we were there we also hooked up with one of our memebers, Milos Korenc in Slovenia where we visited with him and his family. Of course we also went sailing on his vacationer in the Adriatic. I have plenty of pictures. I just have to sit down and write it out. Trust me!!! This was an experience of a lifetime!
That sounds fantastic Tom!
I do plan on starting it up again and yes I do need stories to put in her.
I have shared emails with Milos over the last couple years, he gave me some pointers on my build, in fact his was the first vacationer with an open floor plan I had seen and caused me to go in the same direction.
I would be more than gracious to publish your story.
Thank You Tom.

Brian.

marcin_ciuk

I have an interesting, and somewhat humorous (didn't seem like it at the time Wink account of my first time at sea. We went sailing off the coast of Spain, starting in the Bay of Biscay. How's that for a first trip out?

If you are interested I'll write it down and send some photos too.
sounds great mate!
Thanks for sharing.

Brian.
Hey Brian, I've been meaning to send a short note of encouragement regarding Gaff Rig Mag. I personally want to thank-you for your effort to revamp/ maintain the mag. Most excellent fireside reading. Between Gaff Rig and Small Craft Advisor, there is not much else in periodicals available that I read these days. I finally, with much trepidation, had to let my longtime subsciprtion to Latts & Atts expire. With no disrespect to L&A, it just evolved into more than I enjoy. There just isn't a 52' XYZ in my future. And as much as I enjoy daydreaming of an "overnighter" to Tahiti, chances are obviously slim to none that my future Vac- "Calypso" will ever make that voyage!
I'm still in the "workin' it out" planning stages of starting the Vac. I know, I know, just let the saw dust fly. I'm working on balsa model using K. Green's paper model plan to "visualize" minor mods I want to apply. Also, just found out next April that I'm going to be a "grandpa". (Did the saw just get heavier or is it just me?!). At least I know my "crew" is comin' together.
RE: Gaff Rig, I'll put together some "one burner" meals I've been working on that are ridiculously good! Inspired by Herreshoff in The Compleat Cruiser. Please don't give up on the mag! And to anyone surfing BYYB I highly suggest browsing Gaff Rig.
Later,

capnpablo
Pages: 1 2