BYYB Forums

Full Version: Ready to paint topside yet???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sooooo excited! I have glassed and painted the hull and I am almost done glassing the topside of the boat! I finally sanded the first coat of epoxy and will be putting on one more thin coat then ready to paint. I put in several hours of sanding! I think it was around 20 hours just on the topside after initial glassing. Uggh. Second coat of glass will be easy.

So my thinking is to go ahead and paint the deck, cabin, and cockpit at this point before installation of anything else (hand rails, hatch covers, splash combing, etc.). I just want to make sure I am not forgetting about something.
I'm not near as far along, but sounds ready to me Jeff. If you have everything on that will be painted, go for it. Things you will leave bright or a different colour (combing,hatch etc), leave them off and paint/varnish them before installing. Bet she looks pretty.
Sounds great Jeff, good luck with the Paint. I would definetly paint before the add on's.
Wont be long now, do you have any photos Jeff?

Brian.
I do have some photos. I have to get them all together as they are in different folders on the computer over the past 7 years! Plus, I am an idiot when it comes to posting them on the board. I need it explained to me like a four year old. I do have a snapfish account, but I don't want to burden people with the sign in process. I will get pics together and then figure out how to post them. Overall, the boat looks pretty good. I have a very dark blue hull.... a departure from the typical white. Other than that...pretty stock boat really.
When you get them together I will help you get them on. If you have to much trouble you can Email them to me and I will do it for you.
I can't wait to see it. she sounds great.

Brian.
Cool. Thanks. I will likely take some more photos this weekend (final coat of glass) then paint the deck and cabin next week (before bugs screw it up) and I will get all the photos together then.

Thanks.