BYYB Forums

Full Version: birds and boats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was standing next to my boat this morning measuring the windows when I noticed the mast moving much more than what the light breeze would account for. I looked up and there was a red shouldered hawk perched right on top! He was there for only a second when crows showed up to harrass him and he took off.

On a darker note.....earlier in the week, Canadian geese were flying very low overhead where I'm building. On one of their passes, one manged to leave that "distinctive" calling card. It splattered on the side of a camper shell where I have my boom resting next to it and had recently applied varnish to the taffrail which was hanging on a line next to the shell. part of their mess managed to also hit the taffrail.

Ya takes the good with the bad, eh?
You sure do Tom. I was bothered by seagulls and terns sitting on my mast while at a mooring or wharf, so now I always have one of those cheap 4x6 inch flags on a plastic stick and mount it you can buy on top of it. I just drill a short hole dead centre and stick it in with a little glue. If you are always folded down on a trailer then not such a problem.
Tom this is a lesson to be learned. There is always a little $hit with any project. Bud :wink:
Thats the end of the stick I always get :lol:

Did it ruin yer job?