BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mid June Sail in Utah?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay heres the deal:

we have a wedding to be at in Logan Utah on Friday June 13th (why anyone would choose friday the 13th as their wedding date i don't know) but anyways since i am going to have to do the family thing i thought it only fair if i also got to do the boat club thing.

so lets talk about having a messabout sometime that weekend somewhere around logan which as i understand it is about an hour and 1/2 south of Salt lake City. we are going to fly and rent a car so i don't care about milage... just whoose boat i am going to wreck next!
Logan is about 2 hours NORTH of Salt Lake. Local flora and fauna abound in June. Several lakes to sail in the area. Williard Bay, Mantua (MAN-a-way) - which is one of Phil's favorites, and Bear Lake. Mantua is where Phil and Aaron participated in a parade with their boats, it may be time to plunder there again.
I would do everything in my power to make it to that....lots of work and school but shooot that sounds fun

a.
That does sound fun. We're still up in the air about our vacation, we're waiting for our grandson to get his passport. If everything falls into place we will be in China the first part of June. I would only stay for 2 weeks but my wife and grandson would stay for a month. So I may be free to join you folks for a sail. Just be patient with me. This is going to be tricky. BTW good to hear from you Adla.
I am so sorry that I have been MIA. SOOOO much is going on in my life. I moved the 25ft MacGregor to my house this last weekend. It is GIANT and I love it. I still have Morgaine upside down and need to get under there and finish the work on the Ceiling. I recommend storing the boat upside down there in Utah. Brit's story is heartbreaking...if the boat had been upside down that wouldn't have happened. It is really just a matter of taking the mast out and flipping. (I am an expert at flipping the boat) -

Steve-
sounds so exciting. Keep us posted on your life and possible trip to China. What a fabulous opportunity.

ok...back to the books

a.

aaron_stokes

i am in! just say when and where! mantua is a small lake but fun. bear lake is awsom. what ever the fleet wants, ahab the arab will support. willard bay is still low and i don't think they are planning to let the water level build up as they are still fixing the dike.

i fliped my weekender for the winter and i have no worries about water issues. i do have a few dings i should attend to before i flip the boat for the summer.

it is great to hear from you a..... the rest of you too! i miss our exploits. :twisted:

aaron_stokes

i forgot to mention! i am in paso robles, ca. the weather is awsom. i almost broke out in a sweat today and have gotten a little sun burnt. denese is pissed as she is still back in frigid utah. don't we have a few byyb friends out here?
Aaron -

that is funny because my cousin just moved here from Salt Lake and he had to go back and get something tuesday afternoon and then couldn't leave Wednesday night because of a freaking snow storm....it will be degrees this weekend in Vegas!

Whatcha doin' in Paso Robles?

Well...I need to do some work to Morgaine too and make a new mast. Might be easier with my cousin having moved here - he can be an extra hand in making the birdsmouth spars.....

lets figure June out - isn't that the month of Sailstice??? I thought we were going to Yuba for that again......someone catch me up on the going ons.

a.

aaron_stokes

have i met this cousin?

i have just finished a vintage car ralley that started at the rose bowl and meandered around the wine country to paso robles. we continued from there through more of the back country and over the mountains to hwy 1 and traversed our way back to L.A. we arrived just a couple of hours ago and i am tired. we logged about 1000 miles. the rally included over 100 vintage cars. my team consisted of two vw bugs. the trip went great. our only problem the whole trip was that the gas tank of one of the bugs developed one heck of a leak out in the middle of no where. thanks to a bit of engineering, that was taken care of and we limped the rest of the way to paso with a one gallon gas can duck taped to the back bumper and a fuel line inserted into it. we called it a pinto conversion. perhaps i should get a patent and market the idea. if you don't like your bug you can change it to a ford pinto with just a few modifications! we pached the tank in paso and no further problems were had (but we did get lost several times.) :oops:

note---- when you take a vw out of someones field and get it running you should drive it for a few weeks before taking it on a long trip. the bottom of the tank looked like swis cheese. the only thing keeping it from leaking from the start was that the bottom of the tank was full of old gooey gass. several tanks of fresh gas sure cleaned that stuff out good. Confusedhock:

lets make a string for youba. i will set my reservation for the camp site as soon as someone gives a date. should we plan to camp at the boaters camp grounds this time? yes? no?........ what ever yall want.
Adla, your update:

Bill is going to Logan for a wedding, hence the start of the thread :lol:

Sailstice is the weekend following Bill's trip to Logan. I cannot do the Sailstice weekend this year AND stay married... Confusedhock:

Yuba is booked solid for camp sites that weekend.

My boat is drying out...slowly. Luckily, I am making spares.
Pages: 1 2