BYYB Forums

Full Version: Vacationer Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BrianRippie

So I’ve made 2 models so far of the Vacationer. The first one for fun and used the Devlin book’s suggestion of modeling first as an excuse. The first one I did as per plan and used the paint format I want to use. But after seeing John Kocher’s boat pictures I have changed my mind. Looking at a long thread on woodenboat forum called prettiest boat under 30’, I now see I appreciate the squared cabin more. Here’s my model’s.

[Image: IMG_0634.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0635.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0636.JPG]

Thanks to Kevin Green for the paper models I used as temples.
Brian I think they are great! I really like both of them. You are very talented.
I too built half of a Vac using Kevin's paper model drawings as templates.
Looking really good.
Brian.

Brian_Watford

Very nice work. Those are beautiful models.
Good job! I have the same feeling for salty looking boats as you do and like the squared cabin better as well.

BrianRippie

I had some leftover wood and so did a weekender hull. These are comparative pictures.

[Image: IMG_0647.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0644.JPG]

[Image: IMG_0640.JPG]
Brian, nice boats.

I built the round cabin front, I liked the looks.

But looking at your models, I can see that a flat cabin front would give me more room. Might be easier to install too. In fact, I might have gone flat if I had seen the pictures above. More foot room to step the mast, as well.

Still, I like the ocean liner look :roll:

[Image: normal_Big_Lake_Aug_2005.JPG]