BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings

As a forum viewer for the past year or more I feel I must introduce myself. I began building a Vacationer in around Mar/07. The keel is assembled and is standing in the movable cradle. The hull bottom, bulkheads, and deck pieces are all cut and ready for assembly. But, once I go 3D my shop space is reduced by half at least. These Vacationers didn't look that big in the pictures! I need the space for other projects and for some of my work as a cabinetmaker/carpenter. Not complaining though, I am amazed at where some of these Vacationer/Weekenders have been built. I am lucky to have the shop. I am currently negotiating with the better half about expanding the shop into where she parks here car in the winter. Negotiations are not going so well.
I haven't planned any major mods to the boat other then to raise the cabin height 4".
Must say hello to Andrew Butchart. When I was first viewing the forum I noticed that Andrew lived only about 20 minutes from me. I went to his website and knew I had seen him before, but where. Turns out we take our families for Saturday breakfast at the same diner. It is a small world.
Getting long winded here, you folks will be nodding off.
Welcome Stephen! It's great to hear another Vacationer is in the works. I too added 4" to the hight of my cabin and I'm glad I did. It makes cabin life a bit easier. Now about those negotiations. The problem is you went about the whole thing wrong from the start. What you have to do is give her a few bucks and send her out shopping. While she is gone you get your glues and screws out and get that boat 3-D. When she gets back and opens the garage she'll see that she can't fit her car in anymore. She already aware that it's an inevitable thing and if you gave her enough money to shop with she might not be too upset, you better have lots of money! Good luck to you on that obstacle. I look forward to seeing your progress soon

Keith
Yaa! another canuck Vacationer, welcome aboard Stephen. I built my Vacationer in a 20ft x24ft garage. Had to fit it corner to corner for final finishing, couldn't fit bowsprit on until just before removing her in the spring weather. Try flowers, perfume, or good old groveling for space. Good luck, post pics.

Greg
Stephen:

Good to see you posting. I hope it helps you get some more motivation and then you'll be able to bore ME with stories about finding supplies and figuring things out.
Welcome aboard Stephen, Glad to see another fellow Vacationer builder out there.If you run into any problems, or make any mistakes. I have probubly already done it so just ask me how I did it and do just the opposite :wink:.
Seriously though welcome to the madness, Please post lots of progress pictures. I look forward to watching your progress.

Brian.