BYYB Forums

Full Version: Tahoe Messabout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again to all. Thank you for the kind response to Melinda and myself and we are happy to be a part of the special group of builders/sailors. A couple of you mentioned Lake Tahoe as a place for a gathering. Mmmm not sure but I will look into the possibility. Generaly speaking Tahoe is a very exclusive area and quite expensive. Living this close one might think that I would know more about the lake and what is available. NO but I will look into it. Possibly one of the yacht clubs would or could be of assistance.... More info later. That said, on to other questions asked by you. Our boat, Junelove3, is progressing quite well. The basics are done, keel with bottom attached, bulkheads in and deck on. This week I have had the time to complete the cabin structure and am now in the process of preparing to attach the sides. As many of you have done, We have modified the boat to meet our expectations and needs. The cabin is shorter, more of a cuddy, and the cockpit is longer. This creates more of a day sailer which is fine with us. I have pics loaded into this computer but havn't figured out how to send them to this site. Neither Melinda or I are computer literate, and the language is very foreign. I will keep trying to figure out how to do it tho. That is all for now except to say that we are hoping to be sailing this summer. Take care to all of you.
Hello Robert how are you and Melinda doing.
I can help you get your photos onto the gallery.
what you want to do, is when you click into the gallery, at the top of the gallery page there is a spot that says upload file click on that. here is a copy of the top of the page...
BYYB Photo Gallery
Home My gallery *Upload file* FAQ Login
Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favorites Search .
I put asterisks next to what you want to click. after you click it, it will go to another page that will allow you to get the photos from your computer. Scroll down a bit and you will see it. Here is what it will look like...
Create / order my albums Modify my albums My profile Sort my pictures Upload file
Now you may upload your files using the upload boxes below. The size of files uploaded from your client to the server should not exceed 1024 KB each. ZIP files uploaded in the 'File Upload' and 'URI/URL Upload' sections will remain compressed.
When using the URI/URL upload section, please enter the path to the file like so: http://www.mysite.com/images/example.jpg
When you have completed the form, please click 'Continue'.
File Uploads:

It will have a button that says browse. Click on browse and it will give you a menu of your computer. Usually it is in the my documents section. Just go to where you have your photos and find the photo you want and click on it, and it will download to the gallery. Then it will ask you what album you want to put it in just pick one on the list and click on it and it will down load to the gallery. After you get to that point I will show you how to get the photos to the forum. if you have any dificulty just let me know. and if you cannot get them on just Email them to me and I will gladly place them for you.
Brian

aaron_stokes

robert, your efferts on a possible taho trip would be greately appreciated. there are several of us who have wanted to make a trip up there. of corse, if it is too impractical to go to taho, there is still pyrimid lake, lahontan res, and of of course, adla got cheesed out of throwing a bash down at walker lake last year. perhaps there are other bodys of h2o that you know to be good too. just let us know what you think.
yeah silly me - I was in the hospital having surgery.
Tahoe is a lake for rich people - they wouldn't want our kind up there....

Pyramid, Lohantan Resevoir, or Walker are all good lakes...

I am going to work on Morgaine today after long last....finally on some pain med that works (have a pinched nerve inside from the surgery in October and it took this long to get to a pain clinic and get it figured out).....also, I am moving my clorox bottle to the house this weekend....

but back to sailing! Lets plan a nevada trip!

a.
Hi Adla, glad to see you have returned from the agony of surgery and post surgery. NOT FUN!!!!! Hope to see pics of your new vessle. I have received some very good help from Brian Walters about how to post pics to the gallery. Hope to do that soon. My darling Melinda has just returned from a 3 week trip to the North West and we had some important things to take care of , figure it out,. Yes, so far I havn't had any luck with the Tahoe search, but still checking things out. All for now, take care.
Quote:yeah silly me - I was in the hospital having surgery.
Tahoe is a lake for rich people - they wouldn't want our kind up there....

Pyramid, Lohantan Resevoir, or Walker are all good lakes...

I am going to work on Morgaine today after long last....finally on some pain med that works (have a pinched nerve inside from the surgery in October and it took this long to get to a pain clinic and get it figured out).....also, I am moving my clorox bottle to the house this weekend....

but back to sailing! Lets plan a nevada trip!

a.