BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bills new clorox bottle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Adla and I have taken the jump and delved into the realm of fiberglass boats. Adla had me help her get one from CA a few months ago and today i got mine; Don't ask for how much... i won't tell you! it is a 1960s Pearson Electra and in really great shape.

here are some quick pictures of the new old boat Smile

[Image: 2345596957_e63cfa35db.jpg]

[Image: 2345596163_151bded15b.jpg]

[Image: 2345649469_961252d907_m.jpg]

[Image: 2346478448_a0b77715fc_m.jpg]

[Image: 2345649933_dee359d663_m.jpg]

[Image: 2346478086_7eb81323ae_m.jpg]
Wow Bill, that's cool. Does this mean that the stripper becomes merely a yacht tender? I'm happy for you even though. You and Adla are going to be styling at our SW events for sure. Now back to work polishing that baby up and getting it ready for Spring.
Hi Bill, WOW, you and Adla have taken quite a jump. Your Pearson is what , about a 22 -24 foot ??. I hope Adla posts pics of the vessel she purchased. My 3rd sail boat was a 20' fiberglass one. I purchased the hull completly bare, just a shell, and my son and I finished her out. The finished boat resembled a Cal-20. I designed twin, shoal draft keels for her and she was a smooth sailing vessel. Good luck on your new baby. Robert Griffiths. This is my first attempt to send so I hope it arrives OK
Quote:Adla and I have taken the jump and delved into the realm of fiberglass boats. Adla had me help her get one from CA a few months ago and today i got mine; Don't ask for how much... i won't tell you! it is a 1960s Pearson Electra and in really great shape.

here are some quick pictures of the new old boat Smile

[Image: 2345596957_e63cfa35db.jpg]

[Image: 2345596163_151bded15b.jpg]

[Image: 2345649469_961252d907_m.jpg]

[Image: 2346478448_a0b77715fc_m.jpg]

[Image: 2345649933_dee359d663_m.jpg]

[Image: 2346478086_7eb81323ae_m.jpg]
Congrats on the new boat....

First order of business - replace those axles....ewwww....

and you know that's serious comin from me :lol:

Darick_Anderson

Holy cow, I want one Cry Yes I'm alive and found Nimbus in the back yard last week. It's way past time to get things moving!!!!!! Super nice boat Big Grin

aaron_stokes

DARICK!!! I tHoUGht YoU DiEd! i thought neptune himself had claimed your soul. Big Grin the other day i looked up your address and was examining your house from a satilite map. i was getting redy to drive down and see if anyone would answer the door. lets to sailing, man! the sun is coming out. :twisted:

Darick_Anderson

No I'm not completly dead :wink: I need to get Nibus pulled up to the house and get working. my minicup is at the same stage as Brits in the pictures. I have the deck cut out but need to get the glass on the bottom. I hate glassing when it's cold, so a couple more weeks and I can keep the garage at a workable temperature. I have been working my guts out at my new job, did double shifts last week (16 hour days) felt like a zombie by the time I got home. Cry However, things are looking better and I want to get on the lake. The ice is off and there are other boats out, so it's time to get moving!!!!

I think I saw some one post named shane and he lives here in provo? Confusedhock:

aaron_stokes

yeah, darik. shane heaps lives in your hood. he has been ghosting around this site for a couple of years. i remember he was talking about building a skipjack. we need to hook him up with one of our boats. get him to start making saw dust. :twisted:

Shane Heaps

Darick,

I have been lurking around for some time; I actually check this site regularly and post once in awhile. I would like to build the super skipjack. I even thought about building the vacationer only without the cabin. I currently have a Clorox bottle and I hope to get it on Utah Lake around the first part of April. I do live in Provo and can walk to the marina in less then an hour. Even faster on the bike.

Aaron I might take you up on the offer to borrow one of our extra ships.

Darick_Anderson

Hi Shane, You are more than welcome to come aboard Nimbus when I get it ready, and I'm not above crewing on plastic. Let me knowwhen your ready. I welcome the company!!!! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2