BYYB Forums

Full Version: Anyone going to the Cedar Keys meet in May??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every year the Cortez maritime museum has hosted a non-messabout on Cedar Keys. This year it is May 3rd & 4th and I am planning to drive down with one (maybe two) boats for the event.

Here is a blurb on it:
Quote:
Fri. 2nd – Sun 4th Cedar Key Small Craft Non-Meet, Cedar Key, FL
The oldest unorganized small craft meet in the United States and a great one! If you’re anybody in the world and you have a small boat you come to this event eventually. Beautiful Keys to sail around, fun get together put on by the World Trailer Sailors, and some good restaurants to visit while you’re in town. Get your motel reservations earlier than you think you should because the place fills up.

Follow this link for pictures from last year: http://members.ij.net/wctss/wctss/photo12.htm
Now that looks like alot of fun Scott, I sure wish I could go but there just is not enough time for it this year. However the other one in charlotte harbor that you attended, I may go to next year (or possably the next)
I am very interested in that messabout.
Thanks for the link Scott ,it took me away from the early morning blas as I had my coffee thismorning.

Brian.
Brian, I don't remember attending one in Charlotte harbor. Perhaps it was someone else? I am looking forward to Cedar Keys in part for the folks who regularly attend that event. Chuck and Sandra from Duckworks and Matt Laydon are just some of the folks I am hoping to have the chance to meet. Also looks like a great variety of homebuilt boats to look at but not so fussy or demanding of perfection as some of the other woodenboat festivals out there. I do have an extra seat in my car and an extra homebuilt boat if you are interested. I definitely wouldn't mind the company.
Scott, I was thinking of the one you just got back from. Useppa Island is around charlotte harbour and punta gorda(my old stomping grounds). It is just so beautifull there that I will have to return there and sail, besides I have tons of family in the aria free lodging if needed is good :wink:

Brian
Ahh, that one. I have a feeling Cedar Keys will be more fun.
I do appreciate the offer Scott but unfortunately I have to decline, I have very limited vacation time (for now) but truthfully I would love to go,
I have to save a few days for after I flip the boat and fair it I will take the time and glass it all without stoping.
and of corse the heartwell trips, and then the wife trip. and hopefully the Alabama trip with Y'all.