BYYB Forums

Full Version: New members from Reno, NV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all skippers and crews. My name is Robert Griffiths, I hail from Reno NV. My soulmate Melinda Hodgson and I are currently building a Weekender II here in Reno. I have been reading the Forums and feel that ,in some way, I have met some of you. I did meet Bill Olney last year at the Southwest Fleet meeting at Lake Mead. Melinda and I were on our way to visit the Desert Southwest, AZ and NM. We couldn't stay long so missed the rest of you who showed up. We are building our boat the Junelove3 at home, in fact it is shaping up in our living room, YES...When I figure out how to post pics I will do so. Ain't life grand. Being retired this is a great way to keep active and we hope to get much pleasure from sailing and, hopefully, meeting many of you. That will do it for now but we are happy to be a part of the fine Southwest Fleet. Take care. Mermaids Rule
Welcome Robert, you are fortunate to be in the middle of a great fleet of boatbuilders. I'm sure you will be getting together with them on many occasions to sail and swap stories. I'm looking forward to the pics

Keith
Hello Robert, nice to hear from you again. i got your email the other day and your new member packet is on its way. welcom aboard and i look forward to seeing you at an upcoming messabout.
Welcome Aboard Robert, I hope your build goes smoothly. I look forward to your progress photos as well.
Yes the South west fleet are a great bunch of folks, be carefull around that Barnicle Jim character though, Shifty he is.
If I can be of any assistance just let me know.
Brian.
Hello Robert and Melinda, Enjoy your project. I am a few weeks away from getting a real start on my Weekender once it warms up a bit.
So, a Tahoe messabout is coming up, then, eh?

Good ta have ya here!

rolandblais

[quote="brit_howell"]So, a Tahoe messabout is coming up, then, eh?/quote]

I would *love* a Tahoe messabout. I tried to organize one several years ago; it kind of fizzed out...

Peace,
Roland
Welcome Robert and Malinda. Glad to have you aboard. Hopefully I can get my boat patched to enjoy some of the summer's events. Bill and I are using her as a test case to see just how much damage a Vac can take and still stay afloat. I am looking forward to you photos.