BYYB Forums

Full Version: Luna Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Dustin Newkirk

I said I'd do em yesterday, but I forgot. Tongue
Here they are now.

[Image: luna_1.jpg]

[Image: luna_2.jpg]

[Image: luna_3.jpg]

[Image: luna_4.jpg]

These are all from my apartment garage (cost way too much). Now I'm in my house with my 24 foot garage, the sides are on(except for the port bow which I'll be doing as soon as I finish this post). The foredeck is on and comes back off after the sides are on to seal and clean up inside. Must go into overdrive so I can have her on the water in Hartwell next month.
Oh yeah! lookin' good Dustin I can't wait to see the finnished product, I cant wait to see you and Luna at haertwell lookin' forward to it.
Well I'm on my way out to make saw dust right now see Y'all later.

Brian.
Shes a gettin there Dustin. Lookin good. Gointa make Saw dust huh Bridog? Its 3:10 here. More work yet for me, ya right.... 8)

Dustin Newkirk

Just got the port bow side panel on. Took this picture before beginning work today.

[Image: luna_5.jpg]

So pretend that hole isn't there and there she is as of now. Big Grin
I suppose at this point I could chuck her in water (after epoxy cures) and she'd float! (I hope) I think I'll wait until she's done though.

Brian_Watford

Most wood floats anyway. Makes it good for buildin' boats. But I bet if you chucked her in the water she just might float like a boat. Big Grin Hey, ain't that a Dr. Seus story?
She's lookin' good.
She's looking good Dustin, your not really to far off now are ya?
I just realized there was more than a boat in your post.
Congratulations on yer house aint it great.

Brian.

Dustin Newkirk

Thanks. Building a boat is good incentive to get everything unpacked form the garage when moving. Wink
Now you got room to build something bigger Dustin. She's looking good, maybe we'll get to she her in June

Keith
Kirk, nice looking boatshed /garage, and that vessel is coming along well. Keep us updated with the pictures.

Thanks Greg

Dustin Newkirk

More progress!

[Image: luna_6.jpg]

Removed the foredeck and sealed up inside
Cut and installed the bulkhead and transom braces
Cut the daggerboard slots (cutting by hand very painful next to the keel on the bottom side, who builds boats by hand? o_O )
Cut and attached wingdecks, made a bit of mistake on the stbd side, nothing some epoxy and scrap plywood won't fix Big Grin, well, is fixing already.

Next step, drill a hole through the bow gussets for the forestay eyebolt.

Getting very close to hull finishing and fiberglassing. Maybe this weekend.

Decided I'm going to go with top rail chain link fence pole for the mast, at least for now, I'd rather have a wooden one, just for the sake of having a wooden mast, maybe I can manage to build a small birdsmouth later.

I'm not too far away from painting/sailmaking either. I'm going to start out with the ripstop tarp, anyone have any tips on which tarp to get? Sailmaking tips in general? What about painting? Should I go with boat paint or other paint?

Thanks for ideas in advance!
Pages: 1 2 3