BYYB Forums

Full Version: quick fix for Morgaine and Sara Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was at West Marine the other day to get some 5200 to atatch the decks onto the canoe and the salesman there proposed that i use this stuff. he and the box both stated that it would fill a hole up to one inch deep with no sag. it is basically an epoxy paste and it works great! it would be in my opinion the quickest, easiest and best fix for the holes you have. sand down the inside to clear away the debris and cram this stuff in there; then sand smooth and paint.

[Image: 20085_f.jpg]

the description from their webside is:

Versitile epoxy putty for wide variety of repairs
Repairs damaged hulls and equipment stronger than before. Fixes gel coat chips and leaks in fuel tanks, water tanks, piping, engine blocks, cracked crank cases, etc. Can be used in working temperatures of -40° to 250°F. Marine-Tex bonds to all metals, plastics, plywood, etc. Handles like putty. Hardens like steel. Sands like wood.

Formulation: Two-part epoxy putty
Recommended Usage: Bonds to aluminum, PVC, fiberglass, most plastics, metals, glass, cement and hard/soft woods
Drying: 1/2 hr pot life @ 72°F, dries overnight

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/sto...lassNum=96
Damn Bill! For a hundred bucks I'd nail a chunk of scrap 3/4 of the hole and smear it up with 5200. You buy stock in this or what?? 8) I have heard good thinbgs about that stuff but it is pricey......