BYYB Forums

Full Version: spring time messabout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

aaron_stokes

so this time last year, i had a date on my callendar to keep the winter blues away. i have no sollice at the moment. out of compassion for my sorry state, why don't we set some plans? spring is just around the corner and i want jump right into this year with some enthusiasm. are we going to do something for spring salstice? what is the exact date for that? i came up with the 20th of next month. what are yall thinkin? about a month from now? what say ye?
Solstice is in June. I'm still not sure where I'll be, my wife hasn't made the vacation plans yet but if I'm available I'll be there, wherever there is. March is a little soon for sailing in Utah but there may be some place down south we might consider.
March 20th?!?
Somebody has cabin fever

Sailstice is June 21st. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this year.... :oops: The important thing is nobody got hurt.... :lol:

I am going to be a grandpa, and apparently there are certain things a grandparent has to do during this process - things that I am totally unfamiliar with.

Had to order plans for the "Littlest Wherry" from duck-trap.

Anybody got plans for a changing table?
Speaking of new projects.....

I have been kicking around the idea of building a simple boat, that is not easily single-handed. As a matter of fact, it is highly recommended to have a crew of 3-4, or even 6.

But, alas, I am without said crew most days, which lets a lot of air out of that plan.

Anybody interested in crewing a Light Schooner?
Aaron -

I am up for a sail! I have to get Morgaine turned back over and do a few things to her but I would love to start planning an early spring get together - it really is a shame that you are so darned far away! Let's pick a lake - I bet the lakes closer to me are warmer!

Brit -

Congrats! happy grandpa-ness!

a.
Aaron -

I am up for a sail! I have to get Morgaine turned back over and do a few things to her but I would love to start planning an early spring get together - it really is a shame that you are so darned far away! Let's pick a lake - I bet the lakes closer to me are warmer!

Brit -

Congrats! happy grandpa-ness!

a.
Congratulations Brit! That's great. Boy or girl? Or do you know yet? It's not bad at all except when they move in with you and you're too old to fight back. Oh well, you'll do well. That little boat crib sounds fun. I've seen some others have done. Adla, how are you getting along? Up and at 'em yet? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'm missing you all.

aaron_stokes

oh boy, i must sound like an idiot! i meant to say equinox not salstice.... well salstis too but the vernal equinox is around the 20th. :oops:

brit, your dang strait! i have cabin fever far worse than ever. i had so much fun last summer that i have had a hard time doing with out the boat.

looks like everyones universe is expanding too. including ours..... we will likely be adding to our crew sometime this year as well. good thing i am winding down on the vacationer. the weekender is going to be WAY too small 8) congrats brit, on the parental promotion. just paint the house red and yellow. macdonalds does that because they know that the colors are unpleasent to their visitors on a subconsious level and it encourages the visitors to come, eat and promptly leave. Tongue works well for family gatherings.

adla- i agree. south is warmer. the water is still plenty hard up here. gsl is full of ice melt so i will probably make my first northern dip there. i think i am ready for what salt lake has to offer. looks like the nerest island is about five miles north of antelope iland marina. how is walker in the early part of the year? mead is a possibility but it is a whole lot o miles. just say when and where. otherwise, i will make it known where i plan to be and if anyone happens to be in the area with a cruiser in their pocket... well.... you know.

what is navajo like? that is next to park city, right?

yuba is probably going to be too far north in early spring?? i don't know.

aaron_stokes

adla- if it were not for your unreasonable hot season, i would move down there today! i sure am sick of the cold. i do wish we were all closer.

lets be thinking of a distance cruise too for some time this year.
Aaron, Navajo Lake is just up in the mountains by me. It's my favorite place to sail so far. It's a high alpine mountain lake but it won't thaw out till June or July. Yuba was great when we did it for Sailstice two years ago. I don't know about earlier though. Congratulation to you too! Our fleet is growing like crazy. How's Darick doing? Anybody heard? We need to hear from Phil also.
Pages: 1 2 3