BYYB Forums

Full Version: sw fleet chat time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

it was recently suggested that we, the south west fleet should set up some kind of set time that we can meet on the chat page and shoot the breeze.
watya all say? is there a good time during the week that anyone would preffer? thursdays? friday? saturday? it's all good by me. i don't have a life after all. that is why i turned pirate of course.
well...i apologize for being MIA - i had a HUGELY important presentation today that I am now DONE WITH..hehhee

i am up for chat...on any nite but friday...that is a hard nite for me..oh, and thursday but any other night is game...and get yer boats ready it is nearly spring!!!!

a.
Hi Adla, I knew you were busy. The wind blew the cover off my boat a few days ago and it snowed so it was a real mess. When I was able to take care of it water had puddled on the deck on each side of the cabin and water had somehow seeped under the walnut shell non-slip surface, froze and bubbled up. So now when it warms up I need to redo it. Oh I hate leaving it outside. I guess I'm going to have to invest in a steel cover of some sort but they are very expensive. I saw one in my Northern Tool catalog for $1200. They have one at Home Depot for $900. I guess I'll have to take the plunge.

aaron_stokes

what if you spent the money on lumber and we plan a "boat shed build" i bet with all the south west fleet polocks in one place, we could throw one togeather in a day. just get the foundation ready. :twisted:
Hi Steve - I was just looking at the Northern Tool metal covers.....I don't think they are that much considering what they offer in terms of protection.
I have thought about getting a really big one and taking down the carport that I have.

ok...are we thinking about spring or what!!!!

a.
Steve how about one of those matal carport things that you see everywhere? I see signs on them that say $600. I looked at a 20X24 a while back and it was $12oo and they put it up. Bud.
Thanks Bud, I'll have to look around a little more and see what I can come up with. I only have about 12 feet of side yard space to work with so I'll keep looking. In the meantime I've been thinking maybe I should sell the Black Falcon and build a smaller boat I can can cartop and keep in the garage. Maybe that would be the way to go. It's getting harder and harder to to anything physical. I'm not getting any younger and I'm starting to feel my age more and more. I'll keep thinking about it though.
Steve- Don't give up the ship you will find a place to keep her. Speaking of age, I am not a spring chicked myself but I'm just as good once as I ever was. Keep on Keeping on, hunker down and face into the wind. This too will pass. Bud Smile

aaron_stokes

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

just don't do it. if there is anything i can do to help, let me know. but please don't sell off the best looking weekender i have had the pleasure of laying eyes on. (unless it is to me) Big Grin but then i need another boat like i need a hole in the head. speaking of which.....hey, you wanna buy a boat? Tongue