BYYB Forums

Full Version: Plywood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I’ve got to say I have heard pros and cons about merenti plywood. And I will admit it is a bear to cut because it splinters easy. But that can be cured with some masking tape.

I had my plywood delivered to my house two years ago, and slowly diminished the pile. I had stacked it on some pallets and wrapped them in a blue tarp out of the sunlight on the side of my garage (outside).

I was down to the last two pieces of ½” and had not even given it a thought in the last year to year in a half.
I went out there about two weeks ago and noticed the blue tarp bulging all over. So I pulled out my pocket knife cut it, and my fears were confirmed, the plywood was waterlogged. So I unwrapped it and moved it to my boat shed. And I have to say it was unbelievably heavy, at least double the weight of it dry.
I thought it was ruined. But I checked it out this weekend and it was absolutely fine no delaminating or signs of rot. Nothing just as fine as the day I bought it. So I am a believer in Merenti or Hydrotek plywood.

Brian.