BYYB Forums

Full Version: AHOY THERE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

anyone out there? what are yall doin lately? soo litlle dialogue. who is going to the beer cruise? i wonder what it would cost to ship the weekender or vacationer to the marina and just drive without having to pull all that way. perhaps we should plan a big shindig in ca. if there is a place that compares to where beer is being held. it looks soooo cool.

adla, will you be taking your chlorox bottle or weekender? i asume you are going?

Aaron_Morgan

Hi all,

My name is Aaron Morgan and I hail from Long Beach, CA. I just built a Mini-Cup, the Peseta. There are pictures in the "introduction" forum and album gallery. Any other Cups in the LA area? I've sailed in Newport Dunes, Newport Harbor and Long Beach Harbor. If anyone's out there drop me a line!

Sincerely,
Aaron

aaron_stokes

there are two californians that i know of:

dale moqk -- planning a super skipjack

tom dellinger-- building or completed a weekender.

i know tom was close the last time i heard from him. i don't know of any other minis in ca but i am sure they are out there. there are several weekenders in ca but i am having trouble remembering names.

so what is this newport dunes thing? what is that place like? i think we really need to plan a fleet messabout in ca and i want to find a place comparable to what they have at beer.... or what ever. we need locals like you to impart your knowlage of the sailing possibilities along the coast. please to illuminate on the mater, sailing brother from another mother! just say where and i wanna be there.

aaron_stokes

oh yeah... i know of two minis being built in utah. i might start on one myself.
Nothing compares the Pensacola area Aaron. Nothing! Come BEER time you need to swing in behind Adla and follow the rest of us to Fla. YOu'll be glad you did. 8)

aaron_stokes

so... does this mean that adla IS in fact going? wHeRe In ThE WorlD is AdlA SaNDiago? what are you bringing, comedore?

boy i sure want to go!

steve-- i purchased a mandolin almost a week ago and my fingers are sooo sore. i am thinking that a mandoline would be really easy to fit into a boat because it is so much smaller than my guitar. i found some really cool celtic and bluegrass music too! i can't put the dang thing down. i now know how john lennon felt. I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!
Good for you Aaron! That's great. A mandolin can be a lot of fun. I have a baritone ukulele that travels well also but it doesn't sound as good. I have my next project lines up. On my days off I'm going to be making a guitar at a local place where they make violins and stuff. Can't wait. Hope you can go back to the BEER, that would be a lot of fun. I don't know where Adla is. Probably out polishing her new clorox bottle. Take it easy on the fingers though, you're going to need those later.

aaron_stokes

yeah, i will be tangling them up in the blocks and fairleads in a month or two. :lol:

make sure you take lots of pictures of the job. i would love to see what goes into a job like that. are you going to buy a kit or whittle the parts out of raw lumber? (dumb question)

if i go, i guess i will have to take lots o root beer to keep the spirit of the trip. 8)