BYYB Forums

Full Version: Hello?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoooooweeee! There must be some sawdust flying out there in BYYB land. there sure hasent been much too much going on in here lately. I've been doing a little to the boat recently. I plan on, or acctually hope to build and install my seats this weekend.
I figure I need to take a break from the cabin const. and do somthing else because it just seems to be slowing down progress, so I figure do somthing else and then come back to it and it will be fresh.
How is everyone?

Brian.
Fine here, but cold Smile I am slowly getting along on the bits but report it on my blog, not so much here, at least until it really starts rolling.
Oh yeah it must be terrable cold up that way. Y'all must not thaw out till july up there.
Burrrr.
Brian.

aaron_stokes

no saw dust flying around here. :? we have had more snow in the last week and a half than we have had in any winter for at least 10 or 15 years! in my business, this kind of weather spells out a whole lot of work. i have not had time to even look at the vacationer. my goal was to be done before my high season starts (at the end of this month) but if the weather keeps doing this, i don't think i will make it. i am runnning out of time.... fast.

how did the bending of the shelf rails go, brian? i have been away from the board long enough i don't know if you posted anything on that subject.
Well acctually I have not done it yet. I got to "fairing" and the wonderfull task of sanding woodflour laiden epoxy.
So I will do it soon. I may put my seats in tomorow just to change up a bit, and get the spark going again so I can get back up to speed and get it going like gangbusters.
Man I dont really miss all that white stuff. It is purdy an' all, but it sure is nasty wet cold slipery and oh the joy of shoveling it :wink:
I feel for ya, Burrr.[Image: shivering.gif]

Brian.
Actually Brian the lakes start to break up in early May. We have really long days with the summer solstice in June. I usually try to get out for a midnight sun sail then, I'll be taking Ryerson along as ballast for that trip this year, unless his Weekender is finished by then. Our best sailing weather is June to Sept. Too bad its still -40 bbrrrrr Cry . C'mon spring breakup Big Grin 8) only 3 more months.

Greg
Hahahahaha. I make great ballast !

aaron_stokes

i should not complain. snow blower repair is my bread and butter during the winter. all the snow blowers are sold out in all the local stores, so i get a lot of machines that people would have replaced if they had a chance.$$$ and i don't shovel so that is not so bad either.

boy! that beer cruise is looking really cool. i keep having these delusions of actually going. what is that? 3000 miles from here? :x i sure would like to go!
Yeah I would too if I had, or if I have my boat done. I would go I have been wanting to go for the last three years, (but on my own hand built boat). This year maybe, Next year definetly. it looks like a blast. I have a bunch of pic's from it from last year I collected, and drool over them from time to time. It looks like soooo much fun. But I will be there eventially.
Oh yes, I will be... 8)

Brian.

aaron_stokes

perhaps i should sign up as a volunteer crewman if i don't feel like towing that far. or split the gas with a volunteer crewman and tow one of the sister ships........ oh i want to go so bad it hurts.