BYYB Forums

Full Version: Status of Stevenson Projects and Plans Odering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Peter moved from CA to Tx sometime back and completed the design work on the Super Jack. As I recall Mike and he built a prototype for sea trials which went well. Mike says she is a nice boat. There were delays in the production run of the plans having to do with leasing property in CA where Mike was living. Something has changed as many folks are saying they can't contact Mike for orders and customer service, etc... It is my suspicion that the building lease or something unexpected has came up and Mike is unable to maintain the pace of servicing orders at the moment. This had happened previously to this episode in the years that I have been associated with these boats. I know it is a pain but please be patient and they will be back. I suspect the whole operation might be going to Texas now but I don't know that for sure. Those of you who have send money and are waiting for plans fear not. The Stevenson's have always honored their orders even if the shipping and acknowledgement was a slow. This is a small family business and for Mike at least it is part time. Peter is in semi retirement now and I believe limiting his involvement to design work. Hopefuly Mike will read this and bring us all up to date on Stevenson Projects. Hang in there builders....
Thanks Craig, alot of folks have been asking and wondering about that.

Brian.
Mipenlei Brain

Scott_King_Walker

Just this week I sent a message to the Stevensons at the e-mail address listed on their web page, and it bounced due to a "mailbox full" error. I was writing to inquire about the status of the Super Skipjack.
According to what I have read the prototype worked very well. Mike was going to do some tweaking and then produce the production drawings and CD for distribution. I don't know if any were ever shipped before we lost communications with Mike. He will pop back up, they always do. Sorry I don't have better news for you Scott.
Well, I've tried calling their phone number and e-mailed - no go. Phone's been disconnected & mail box is full.

Has anyone had any luck?

Anyone know if they're both ok?

(Any news on the new SkipJack?)
I do know that some folks have recently (within the last few weeks), ordered weekender and vacationer plans from their site using paypal, and received them fairly quickly.
I read the posts on franks site.
Here's a quote from Denis Goyette

{Re: Vacationer plan
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:28:17 PM » Quote
Actually I have ordered Vacationer and a GT-8 pedal car plans and I got a reply the next day. They are out of the pedal car and got refunded right away. Vacationer plan are on route and Stevenson seems alive and well.
as for the DVD iI have the VHS version from when I bought my Weekender plan.
Cheers.}

Brian.