BYYB Forums

Full Version: things to look forward to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

so i am looking forward to an eventfull year with possibly my choice of two stephensons boats. there are sooo many bodys of water to visit out here in the west. but i find myself wondering: before i start wrighting things down in stone, i should probably find out what the byyb is planning for sure so i don't overlap plans or otherwise miss out.

i am aware of the beer cruise which sounds like a blast but is way too many miles for a family of 6 on our budget to travel. perhaps some day i will figure out how to pull it off. in the mean time, i wonder if there are plans for a meeting somewhere towards the heart of this great nation that might be more central location for gathering both the sw and se fleets togeather. i would love to meet our eastern counterparts. are there any plans for such an event??
Every so often they have a held a national messabout. I've never been able to attend but those that did had a great time. I'd love to have one on the west coast sometime, maybe San Diego or some other nice place. I'd love to meet Peter and Mike Stevenson. Oh well, sometime.
We have talked about doing another mega but it's slipped into the cracks. I think we should have 2 of them, one in the east and one out west. It's just too hard for folks to haul boats all the way across the country and there's not many folks in the middle. I think the SE and SW fleets should each host a mega. They can be at different times of the year so if someone from the east wanted to head west they could and vice versa. We need volunteers to put it all together though. I think it would be great to have the fleets build a boat during the event. If it doesn't get done bring it back next year and work on it some more. Someday it will be completed.

Keith