BYYB Forums

Full Version: Wake up and tell us what you're drinking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not much going on here so I thought I'd try to get some folks into a post. Let's hear what your favorite adult beverage is. Bud got me started drinking Pusser's after giving me a decanter. I had my first Pusser's painkiller in Annapolis back in October and now I'm hooked on em. You can't beat Sailor Jerry for a spiced rum, it's cheaper than Captain Morgan and a lot stronger. I mostly drink beer though. After brewing my own, I'm no longer a fan of Bud, Coors or Miller. They are just too watery and now I know better. I'm trying to empty a keg of Sweetwater 420, which is a pale ale, right now. I have 5 gallons of a brown ale almost ready to keg and 5 gallons of Full Sail Ale clone about a week away from kegging. I may make a hoegaarden clone next and I have ingredients for a lemon wheat beer which is gonna be a strong brew. I'm also going to set up a keg for homebrewed rootbeer. I've got to get more info on that though, I hear that once you brew rootbeer the flavor stays in whaterver containers you used to make it.
So what's in your glass?

Keith
I'm a sissy compared, just a glass of red wine once in a while. I used to make wine and a favorite was Rosehip Wine.
Rosehip wine, that sounds interesting. Is that a personal recipe or is it
a common recipe?
Me I'm a homebrew fanatic, I like Ales and Lagar's the Most.
But have been known to partake in some Harsher drink like, pussers, sailor jerry and capt' morgan, on a special occasion.
Wine? Well I have had a box or two in the past. :lol:

Brian.
Back in the late 80's, I spent a month in Bavaria in a little city named Augsburg. They claimed to have over 150 breweries within a 5 mile radius of the town center.

I tried my best to visit them all but fell far short of the complete tour!

Give me a good weissenbier any day (but I don't turn down many full bodied brews).
The rosehip I used to make was from an old country recipe that came from the British Isles. Fun to make and people really were surprised by the taste and liked it.
That sounds really good Ryerson I may have to keep my eyes peeled and try it if I see it.
Weissenbier is good stuff Richard, looks like tonight it is Hoegaarden though I just love that mild taste.[Image: yummy.gif]

Brian.

aaron_stokes

would someone please pass the grape kneehigh?? i am running low again.

BrianRippie

I just checked my cider tonight; it has gone from 1.121 to 1.055 that’s ~8.5%. I’m expecting >12% by the end. Hard cider is so much easer to make and here in New England and it’s so cheap to get. $3 bucks per gallon.

Brian
Two fingers of well aged single malt highland whiskey served neat is a nice drink to nurse on a cold winter's night.

Greg
I'm not much of a drinker but on the few occassions that I do imbibe it's usually something off the beaten path.

I have a buddy in Fremont, OH who gave us several bottles of homemade heather mead which was pretty good.

On occassion, I like a belgian beer called "Froimbois Lembic" which tastes like somebody took red rasberries and squeezed them into a bottle.

I was at a French & Indian War re-enactment once where a guy made homemade Applejack by "freeze" distilling. That was pretty tasty too.

Mostly though give me a non-alcoholic Iced tea with lime and splenda and I'm a happy guy.
Pages: 1 2