BYYB Forums

Full Version: New Guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am posting to introduce myself to the forum and all you boatie types. My name is Ryerson and I now live in Yellowknife, Canada, but originally come from Nova Scotia, Canada. My wife and I have been boat builders (for fun)and sailors half our lives and now have decided to build a Weekender for use on Great Slave Lake. We are still waiting on the plans and will build it true to them except our rig will be an English Lug instead of the gaff.

Greg Miller has been kind enough to be in touch and I hope to meet him soon to talk about his Vacationer and local sailing haunts.

Seems like a nice community of owners and builders here.

Ryerson
Welcome to the BYYB Ryerson. We're glad you signed up and hope you enjoy our site. It will be great for you and Greg being close enough to sail together. I know there's a lot of empty spaces up there between boaters. You should pick yourself up one of our new calendars for inspiration as you build. There's a message on the board with all the info about it. I look forward to seeing your progress

Keith
Welcome aboard Ryerson.
Good to meet Ya'. Just give me a hollar if You have any questions or if I can help in any way.
I have the callander, it does give one the inspiration needed to make it through the winter Doldrums, (I know it was a chilly 59 degrees F today) Big Grin .

Brian.
Hi Ryerson and Annie, it was nice to talk to you last night. I look forward to meeting you at our New Years dinner later today. I have a set of Weekender plans, I ordered for my son. We can look them over a bit this evening. Our True North Fleet has recieved a great gift, Welcome aboard.

Greg

James Sanders

Ahoy Ryerson,

Welcome aboard. You're about to embark on a great adventure, and best of all, you have someone like Greg living close by.
Thank you for the welcome, and Greg has invited us to dinner to meet him and his family today, yum! I think there may be some going over plans and boat talk as well....
What a great way to start the New Year by talking about, and planning boat building and sailing. It was fun to swap stories and meet face to face. I hope your Weekender plans arrive soon so you can start making sawdust Big Grin my table saw is ready when you are.

Greg