BYYB Forums

Full Version: Weekender or Vacationer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BrianRippie

So I’ve probably looked at hundreds of pictures of Weekenders and Vacationers but I have a hard time telling them apart. With out having any knowledge of the size of the people I’m looking at or the dimensions of other objects in the frame I can’t tell which I’m looking at some times. Is there some dead giveaways? If I look down the bow I think the angle of the hull seams greater on the vacationer. But how could I tell from the side?

Brian
The cabins have a different top and angled front on the Vacationer.
Here is a picture of Vacationer Ginny Rae on the right, and Weekender Made Merry skippered by Keith Shergold on the left.

[Image: MadeMerryGinnyRae.jpg]

You can see the cabin differences Barry mentioned in his post.

Greg
Heres one of all three pocket yachts. A Vacationer, a Pocket cruser and a Weekender.
[Image: normal_at_ease.jpg]

Brian.
A quick way to tell is the Vacationer has a dolphin strike under the stem with a chain attached to the end of the bowsprit and down to the bow eye near the waterline on the stem.

Keith

Perry Burton

As Barry said, the cabins.
1/ A vacationer has a forward overhang on its roof with a sloped front. the Weekender does not. I have seen a couple of custom Vacationer cabins but 99% are stock cabins (with exception of height of course)

2/ The rudder tiller that enters through the transom of a Weekender is close to the top. (within 3 inches i believe) But on a Vacationer the tiller is about a foot from the top.

3/ As Keith mentioned, A Vacationer has a Dolphin strike under the stem where a Weekender does not.

Other than that, both boats have a lot of room for customization, so ports, hatches and other features can muddy your ability to tell them apart.
seeing one of these fine craft alone can make it a bit tricky at a distance.