BYYB Forums

Full Version: Another question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone has done this before.
When I mix up epoxy and usually I have more than I need, some times I thicken it and fill holes but when I dont have the time for all that I just pour the liquid epoxy in any spaces or seams on the boat. does anyone see anything wrong with that, or will it help strengthen and water proof the boat?

Brian.
It will make it heavier. Don't think it will add more strength unless a dribble gets down into a fortunate spot. Save some different plastic containers and let the extra epoxy puddle in the bottom. Add some interesting colored bits and remove when hardened. Voila, coasters to use on your coffee table that remind you of boatbuilding and are great conversation starters!
That's a pretty good idea I like it.
I,m gonna try it. Big Grin

Brian.
I have some small puddles of epoxy and one big bottom of the container one that got ahead of me. They do make interesting objects when cleaned up a bit. My little girl loves the bigger one. It is oval, about 3/4" think, 8 inches long and 4" wide. It is clear. I wished I had read this before, I'd have thrown in something interesting.

I have been thinking of getting a big grass hopper, or one of the very alien looking Jerusalem crickets that I find in the fall here, and putting it in a container with some amber colored epoxy. Then after curing I could shape and tumble it then take it to the local rock hound meeting and see if they could figure it out. Epoxy is such fun when it's not stuck to your shoe.