BYYB Forums

Full Version: Flipping boat back over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I have glassed and painted the boat bottom and hull sides as well as installed metal trim along the keel. I am now ready to flip the boat back over.

Just looking at the boat, I think I need to literally lift the entire boat and rotate it. I think rolling it without lifting it will likely crack the fiberglass due to stress. I'm planning on two people in the front, two in the back and one in the middle.

Cross your fingers boys....cross your fingers.
I rolled my Vacationer over by myself without any problems. It was on soft grass and left a good indention in the yard but there were no cracks of any kind. Good luck

Keith
Jeff, when I rolled OurDotCalm back upright, we just laid some carpet on the floor to protect her from scratches, rolled her up onto the rub rail and then lowered her to the upright position. 2 people, 5 minutes.

The glass is a bit flexible - otherwise it would self destruct the first time you bounced it off a pier.
Cool. I tend to overthink things a bit. Doing it this Friday. I have 4 of us...so I should definetly be in good shape.

This winter, looking to prep the top for glass and hammer out the steering and some small details.