BYYB Forums

Full Version: Lake Hartwell boat show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Blue Ridge Chapter's Lake Hartwell Antique Boat Festival will be held on April 19 2008 just across the cove from Hart State Park. Some of us were there last year and had a great time. The boats were spectacular and the weather was almost perfect. I'm going to be up there again this year for it and I hope some of you will come along as well. You've got plenty of advanced notice so add it to your calendar now and I'll see you there.

Keith
Spring is on the way folks. Who's gonna make it to the boat show this year. For those of you who missed it last year you owe it to yourselves to attend. The weather is great that time of year and all the antique boats are a sight to behold. Our boats fit right in with them and we were even asked to display them right along with the old Chris Crafts and such. We had the only sailboats on the docks and they got a lot of attention. The date of the show is April 19th. I'm planning to get there sometime on Thursday the 17th. Lets try to get the whole fleet out there!

Keith
I'll be there.
All depends on if I can get someone to committee a race with our local sailing club (I am fleet captain this year) and how I am doing in terms of the skipper of the year points. Want to do well this year! Our race is Saturday morning so I should be able to make it out to Hartwell in the aternoon at the latest if I am unable to shake free.
Again, my regrets. I'm a bit far away, again. 8) Send pictures, lot's of pictures!!!! :lol:
I went last year and it was a lot of fun. The Blue Ridge chapter of the antique Boat club was really good to us and wanted us to join in with them. We all had good fun. I wish we had more members to join us out there and show their support. It would have been good to swap more stories round the fire. And the wind that time of year is what these boats are all about. I don’t know about you but I will be there and hopefully will see Y’all there as well.

Brian.

Brian_Watford

I'm going to try to be there this year. I really liked the pictures you guys posted last year and would like to see the boats in person.

Dustin Newkirk

Will be there, and will be working overtime to get Luna done in time. I might be launching her for the first time when we get there. Tongue

Same campground?

Brian_Watford

It's the same place you came to the solstice last year Dustin, I look forward to seeing your boat.

Dustin Newkirk

Ah, different event. Sweet, I can go out there twice then. :3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8