BYYB Forums

Full Version: Adla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How are you doing girl? Hope you are feeling better.
I am ok - still taking lots of meds...I finish my antibiotics in the morning and will try to start acting like a human rather than a lump tomorrow. Friday was the big day of change for me - I can roll on my side and get up without pain (these are big accomplishments)....no worries though - I will be back to normal in a couple of months. I have lots of plans for Morgaine. I hope you can get to the repairs on Sara Lee - I sure would like to sail with you again in the spring.

a.
It has been a month now and it is time for another progress report. How are you doing now? Better I hope. How about giving us a shout?

v/r

Craig
Hi - sorry about being so absent from the board. I am doing better. I had a tough beginning of December with pain and stuff...and just the other night I had this nightmare about my Dr. trying to get pre-authorization from my insurance company for seeing me (a dream that only a surgery patient can have, eh?) I don't move very fast...I am going to try to do some exercising starting next week to see if I can strengthen my self up a bit.

I have spent the last week up at Walker Lake - it is snowing up here and very beautiful.

Boat News: I have Morgaine ready to flip (because I just love to flip my boat) I am hoping my brothers will come over and flip her for me next week. I want to finish her cabin ceiling and put the aluminum shoe on the keel. I had her name and numbers made by a professional sign person and can't wait to get her flipped and all prettied up for the spring season. I am also going to put in a ballast box in the cabin - to play with removable ballast. Hopefully by spring I will have her battery back in the nose with a better anchor...and the ballast box ready with her lights wired up. I am going to remove the front two windows and finally make a permanent water tight sliding hatch for the cabin. I also want to seal up the silly lazarette deck and make the front hatch more water tight. Boy don't I sound ambitious...the key this time is that I plan to do things right and not rush it.

How is Sara Lee - have you thought about patching her up this spring? I have a whole roll of glass if you need some...cleaned my shop just before I left town....and found all kinds of stuff.

Well happy new years everyone !!!

I'm going to post a couple of pictures when I get back to a real internet connection (dial up stinks)....

Adla

James Sanders

Ahoy Adla,

It's good to hear from you and to know you are doing better. Bill Olney came by yesterday just to help with my boat. Bill (and you) are always doing something like that. He mentioned you and told me about your surgery and recovery.

Now, though, we have word from you. You are in our prayers. Miss Pat and I wish you a very Happy New Year.
We are glad to hear you are up and around. Sounds like you are on the mend. Sill have not found a house or started repair on the boat. Everything has been a mess since late fall. Good to hear you are better. Stay in touch so we don't worry. 8)
Ok - it is nice to be back to a real internet connection!

Here is what it looked like at Walker this last week -

[Image: IMGP3358.jpg]

total anomaly - it never snows on the lake!! But there is supposed to be more on the way! It was beautiful but FREEZING cold.

Craig -

Sorry to hear still no house and that things are a mess. I hope things look up soon. And just let me know when you plan to work on Sara Lee - if you need help and I can get there -- I'll be there hehehehe

Jim & Pat -

Thanks for the prayers and stuff...it has been a trying experience for me. I am not used to the whole helpless and hurt thing...I am humbled by it, believe me!

Hope everyone else had a great Christmas and new years! Lets think about the SPRING !!! (hahaha my boat is a mess....)

a.
Arr, it looks cold. Shiver my timbers and all that. I'm freezing down here and there is not a hint of snow. It is pretty though. Talked to my brother last night and Chi was looking for 7 more inches and 16 degrees!!! That is why I lived in the South. Hum....... 8)
Hey, that looks like Cedar City minus the lake. Freezing cold here but that's ok. We're expecting more snow and that only means more water in the Summer. Glad you're up and about Adla. Your big ambitions can only mear you're on the mend. Take care and keep in touch.
Adla - Yours was the most welcome post I have read in a long time. Lots of people have been worried about you. Even old geezer like me. Glad you are on the mend. Smile Bud.
Pages: 1 2