BYYB Forums

Full Version: Kingston 15 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I posted some photos of my progress over on Franks site. Take a look.

http://www.messing-about.com/forum/viewt...5605#35605

Jim

Vacationer RUDUNYET
Gool looking boat Jim. How's that pirate Megan doing?
Hello Richard,

Meg is doing great. She was chosen to participate in the People to People Student Ambassador program and will be heading to the Mediterranean this summer, we were just working on her mandatory journal a few mins. ago. She continues to be my most loyal sailing companion, puberty will hit very, very soon and I feel that these days may end for awhile

How are you and Mrs. Norman? A day doesn't go by that I don't think about our very wet MESSABOUT down south, I have the prestigious "Bill Olney Bowling Pin/ Light House Award" proudly displayed on the window sill at my desk in the office. (I really do enjoy the piece, please read the above with a smile not a smirk).

All is well here in the land of frozen driveways. Thanks for asking,

Jim
Hi Jim,

She's coming along really nicely. Thanks for posting the pic of the centerboard trunk. I've been wondering where they put it since you first mentioned that boat. Looks like she'll be a wonderful addition to your fleet.
Hey Jim,

Thought I'd drop you a line and see how the Kingston's been progressing since your last update. Do you think you'll have her ready for CABBS week? If not, any chance I can sneak a peak on the way back? I'm curious about how she's coming along. Looked great in your earlier update, and the website and construction photos they provide goes a long way to seeing what you'll soon be sailing. Can't wait to see her on the water.
Hey Stuart,

I posted some pictures and an update just for you today http://www.messing-about.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4498

You are always welcome at my place, Scott on the other hand is another story Big Grin

My Vacationer deal fell through the prospective buyer become ill and backed out due to health reasons, this has put a kink in cash flow so I will most likely have the Vacationer at CABBS week.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jim
Jim,

Your boat looks great! She's going to be a real treat to sail. Too bad that your vacationer didn't go after all. It's a very nice boat, but money to finish this one would have been nice indeed.

The Kingston looks a lot like the vagabonds on www.bateau.com, only smaller. Since I'm looking seriously at those in 5-10 years largely depending on cash reserves, seeing your boat sail should be a good motivator.

Have you got your site reserved for cabbs week yet?
What color did you paint the hull? Is she right side up yet? Got pics? Inquiring minds wanna know. Smile
Any why wouldn't an upstanding guy like myself not be invited to your house.... Your Kingston is looking really good. Sorry about the disappearing buyer though.