BYYB Forums

Full Version: Let's get this started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well folks I created this forum so I guess I'd better place something in here to get the ball rolling. I was planning to do so earlier but my camera was acting like it was drunk and any pictures I posted would have made you think you were too.

This first picture is a drill that was tossed off the USS Constitution. My grandfather was a ships carpenter aboard Old Ironsides while he was in the Navy. They were cleaning up the ship and this was going to be tossed away, so he decided to take it home with him instead. It is one of my prized tools and I would guess it to be pretty valuable considering where it came from.
[Image: DSCN2847.jpg]

It's pretty simple to operate though it will wear your arm out after a short while. Behind the vertical gear is a rack and pinion type gear that when pushed into the vertical gear while cranking the drill will remove the bit from the hole. There are no markings on the tool except for a swan cast into the top near a small lever that releases the drill from a locked position allowing it to drop to the surface to be drilled. You can see more photos of it here http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc18/...g24/Tools/

You will also see in that album another tool that I use quite often, an angle finder mace by Bosch. It is great for getting the exact angle right every time. It's great for folks with bad eyes.

[Image: DSCN2851.jpg]

Enjoy the photos and now that I got this forum started lets see some of your favorite tools.

Keith