BYYB Forums

Full Version: PDRacer World Championships - Magnolia Beach TX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

David_Routh

May 13th, 2006 (12 weeks from now) at Magnolia Beach, TX, we are going to have our 3rd annual Puddle Duck World Championship Race. Free event that anyone can participate in or attend, and it coincides with the DuckworksMagazine.com messabout.

Don't have a PDRacer yet? You can race anyway! There will be 2 loaner boats available, and a pre-race competition to see who gets to use them in the big race. We also need volunteers to help run the race.

For more info, see:
http://www.shortypen.com/events/2006/world/

Thanks
Shorty
Tell the boys what PDR is.... however none of these boats have been classifed to my knowledge. Basically you are handicapped on whatever boat you race in order to make things more even.... give then the low down
PD racers are about as simple of a homebuilt boat as you can get. The hull is a pram with verticle sides (no flare) that run straight from bow to stern. The bottom 10" of hull needs to be built as per class rules but the rest of the boat and sail is left to the imagination of the builder. Being essentially 4'X8' boxes with upturned bow and stern they are extremely stable platforms and not what one would consider a fine racing craft but the idea was for simplicity and two similiar boats together on a lake makes a race.

I have made my reservations and plan on attending this event along with the duckworks magazine messabout. Anyone else planning on being there?