BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bow sprint and Jibs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BrianRippie

I have been storing pictures of bouts with features I like so when I start my boat I will incorporate them into mine. I have some of a boat in Florida with blue hull and hatch’s with white topside. In some pics the boat has a single jib but in others it looks to be rigged for two jibs (I believe this make it a cutter). In order to do this the bow sprint must be extended right? So what I’m thinking of doing is making the bow sprint detachable so that in the future I could run two jibs by easily replacing the sprint. Is this a good idea?

Brian
Brian,
That would be Craig Gleason's boat the Sara Lee or Mike Pennington's boat the Aurora Wolf. Both added spars and sails to their rig with very good results. you can get to both of them through this site and PM.

BrianRippie

whats "PM"
Private Message. You click on the PM icon for the member you want to send a message to and it opens a window like e-mail. It e-mails the message to their address, which may not be advertised on this site. Craig is in the process of moving from Florida to Arizona. Mike is in Alaska. Both did some real good modifications for more sail area.
Hi Brian, I have two forestays on my Vacationer, with a stock length bowsprit.

[Image: GinnyRaepixs004.jpg]
the forward stay has my furling jib, and the aft my regular stock jib.
Sorry about the sideway picture, have a few tots of Pussers, it'll straighten up then :lol:
Quote:have a few tots of Pussers, it'll straighten up then :lol:

Great, now it's upside down

Keith
Take a few more and then a few more :lol: