BYYB Forums

Full Version: Southeastern Fleet Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Southeastern Fleet is currently having their annual membership drive. If any one is interested in becoming a member please contact me. We hope to have a better time in 2008 than we had this year if we get some RAIN (what ever that is) :roll:
Ed, let me know how i can help you; if you need any sort of publication or want some merchendise to help improve your sucsess.

Dustin Newkirk

Well, I definitely would like to join up, so I can enjoy more of that food.
I'd say my wing dinghy is about halfway built. Do you still get a t-shirt and burgee when you join? :3
Dustin, you get the shirt and burgee when you join the BYYB that cost is $40 for the first year and $25 after that. If you join now your membership will last through 2008. The SE fleet fees are $10 per year and you get the fleet pennant. The club money goes back into the club to help pay for activities and expenses. The fleet money goes directly to the fleet to pay for things like food and such for our messabouts. We are already making plans for a big time in June. There will probably be other sails before that as well, we like to do something in the spring. Keep a watch on the SE fleet for more details

Keith

James Sanders

Ahoy Dustin,

Given that you actually live in Alabama, I can understand why you would want to join the Southeast Fleet. They do offer some good chances at sailing in a nearby lake or two. They do offer you a burgee and a few other incentives. They do extend a welcoming hand to those who might want to join them.

Yet, I must warn you. The Southeast Fleet are deperate people. They have been known to shoot water cannons at one another. They have been know to sail in less than ideal conditions. They have been known to offer free rum. They have been known to film themselves on what might appear to be a reality TV equivalent, and then post the link on BYYB.

I know you live in Alabams, but have you ever considered joining the Southwest Fleet instead? The Southeast Fleet has standards (rather low standards but standards nevertheless). The Southwest Fleet has no standards at all. We offer a burgee with a lizard insignia. What mascot, I ask you, does the Southeast Fleet have to offer?

Our members in the Southwest Fleet are eligible for a signed autographed picture of Bill Olney. For those who might want something more (and maybe a bit better), we can offer you a photograph of the famous and fearless sea dog Sheba Girl, complete with paw autograph. With the Southwest certificate and burgee, you even have the right to bad mouth Barnacle Jim's sorry excuse for a boat. You might even be fortunate enough to have singing Steve Downs insult you personally in one of his famous cowboy songs. Now, I ask you, "How can the Southeast Fleet match admirable qualities such as these?"

Join the Southwest Fleet! You need to know nothing about how to sail. You can capsize your boat and have no need to be embarrassed. No one in the fleet will ever ask if you are from Alabama, or Georgia, or Florida.
You can say, "Roll, Tide, roll" and everyone will think you're talking about sailing, boats, water.

Now, given all this, doesn't the offerings of a Southeast Fleet seem a little tame and meager? Join us and you might even have a chance to spend a few night in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's famous tent jail.

We'll treat you in some many different ways, you're bound to like one of them. Why run with reasonable people when you can sail with rascals?
Dustin, don't listen to the rantings of that mad man Barnicle Jim, he just wants to lure You away from gods country to sail in those thar' Maragees of his out in that desert
with him and that scurvey dog, Sheeba the fearless sea dog (Maragees) :lol:

Brian

Dustin Newkirk

Well, the autographed picture has settled it, I'll have to continue to go with the SE fleet Wink

So looks like I'll have to fork out $50, do I need to do the BYYB and the Fleet membership seperately?
Yes. I will send you a PM with my address.

James Sanders

Ahoy Dustin,

You have made a wise and prudent choice.

Welcome aboard!
hi dustin, you send the se fleet their $10 and then fill out the new member form here and send it to me along with the 40 fee... they didnt tell you you also get a pin Smile
Pages: 1 2