BYYB Forums

Full Version: awfully quiet around here...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are folks up to? Making sawdust? Going sailing? I had a great sail in my MacGregor 26D this weekend despite the outboard not working. Was a challenge to sail in and out of the tighly-packed marina (shrinking due to the 17' drop in lake level). The wind varied greatly in strenght and direction with the sails slack at one moment and then the boat heeling to 30 degrees while I am dumping as much wind as possible out of the main. Also, sailing close hauled to the wind only to have it shift 15 degrees and backwinding the jib. A great learning day for me!!

Problem with the motor was a dead sparkplug that must have been going bad for awhile. New sparkplug makes the motor run so much better!

James Sanders

Ahoy,

Yes, I agree with you, Scott, but I did not want to say anything. After all, in your lastest outing, you sailed with some respectable and notable people. I hate to admit it in public, but sailing with BYYB ner-er-do-wells can sometimes be enjoyable, and sometimes disgusting.

The nasty rumor circulating out our way is that the latest BYYB adventure ended up with the Coast Guard being called in. A number of us have since been in the brig. Once we're released from bread and water, the action will begin afresh.

In the meantime, it's sure quiet in jail, almost as quiet as the BYYB board.
Sawdust... cough.. choke.. lots of sanding.. cough, cough. The sailing sounds great. One day, one day. Ok thats all I have to say.

aaron_stokes

i am still brooding over my winterized weekender. i am trying to console myself by working on the vacationer. it sure is a cool boat but i would rather be on the water.
I'm working on the strip kayak started three years ago. I plan to make some modifications to the Weekender, but not until the kayak is finish.
It’s been a long on going project three years, one Weekender, and a skiff,
It's time to GIT ‘ER DUN.

[Image: STRIP%20KAYAK%2011%2007%20%284%29.jpg]

[Image: STRIP%20KAYAK%2011%2007%20%283%29.jpg]

[Image: STRIP%20KAYAK%2011%2007%20%288%29.jpg]

[Image: STRIP%20KAYAK%2011%2007%20%287%29.jpg]
That's a good looking boat Karl. Is that the one you've been building for Emily? Her patients will be paying of very well when you get-er-done. I took my Kayak out last weekend and paddled into 20 mph winds, it didn't take long to remember why I hadn't paddled in so long. Man my arms were sore! Give me a sail any day!

Keith
Karl that kayak is sweet, where did You get the plans for it? I really like the look.

Brian.
Keith, I told Em it would be complete and ready for her when she returned from the Peace Corps she’s home now and the boat’s not complete.
I put it off to build the crabbing skiff

Brian, I designed it using free kayak design software called “Kayak Foundry”.
Give it a Google.