BYYB Forums

Full Version: Summer Sailstice 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
OK sailors here's enough advanced notice so everyone can mark their calendars and make it to the Sailstice at Lake Hartwell in 2008. It will be June 20-22, 2008 Get you boats ready and join us for what I hope will be our biggest Sailstice yet. There will be new and improved toy boats for the kids to build and our first ever cardboard boat race in which kids will design and build their own boats with cardboard, duct tape and strips of wood for frames. They will then launch their boats and race to the finish line. First one to the line or the last boat floating will win a prize. I want to encourage you all to also get your cannons built for another pirate battle on the water. We had a great time with it last year but the battle was kinda one sided as I was the only pirate with a cannon. I understand that Ed had been working on his pirate clothing will be firing back this year....Ye be warned! I was also thinking about having a treasure hunt with a real chest hidden for some lucky camper to find

I'll inform David at the park when the event will be and he'll add it to his events calendar and the local paper to get more folks involved. If you plan to attend make your reservation early so we can get sites close to one another instead of being spread out like we were last year.

If any of you have other ideas for activities, speak up and lets make it happen.

Keith
Keith, What range of campsites do we use? I am considering getting a tent. We have a new air mattress that is high enough for the wife. She does not like sleeping on the ground or a low air mattress. Otherwise we will be forced to get a cabin or hotel room.
Hey Keith, got pictures for me from the Gathering??? I am marking the sailstice on my calendar but tentatively since it overlaps with a conference I have to attend in Athens, Greece. The weekend before would be great but not the sailstice.
Sounds great! I will definetly be there, and who knows maybe I will have a boat by then(maybe). I will make my reservation this week. the added race and games sound great, good job keith.
hopefully they will give us the watefront sites again.

Brian.
Ken, we usually get the waterfront tent sites. If you call David at the park and tell him you are with the BYYB group he'll make sure you get a great site. They also have cabins available but they are not very close to the campsites. I hear that they're nice though.

We have plenty of time to make plans for this event, lets make it big!
It sure would be nice if Captain Morgan showed up with Magnolia this time.

Scott I did get a few pics from Bama. Send me your email and I'll get them to you.....as I recall you also had a few shots that I might like to see.

Keith
Well Both Y'all have pictures that the rest of us would love to see Big Grin
(hint! hint!) I know a few of us scallywags could not make the trip but I think holding out the photo booty is cruel and unfare punishment :wink:

Brian.
Keith, I got the pictures from you via the links in the sailing stories. I posted a link to a snapfish gallery where the pictures I took at the gathering are. Got some good pictures of your Vacationer.
Looks like snapfish won't let you download the high res photos. I will post to another service soon or can email them if you have an address I can use.
Alright you pirates. What is a decent price for Pussers Smile ? We are going on a Caribbean cruise in February and I might be allowed to spring for a couple of jugs. One would be designated for Saistice weekend. I would be looking for a bargain on one of the islands or on the cruise ship, which ever is cheaper :wink: .
It costs me $24 for a 750ml bottle. Not a cheap rum but you won't find anything else like it. It's hard to find around here, there's a booze superstore just a few miles from the house that carries it. It's a top shelf rum and usually covered in dust. I don't go there often but the store owner remembers me when I bring my bottle to the checkout. Be sure to drink a few Pusser's Painkillers while you're there and get the tin mugs to keep onboard your vessel. Hope you have a great time and I'll look forward to helping you find the bottom of a bottle.

Keith
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5