BYYB Forums

Full Version: You can never have enough clamps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we are busy today attaching the inner gunnel as well as trying to bend it to the shape of the canoe which as you all know is a compound curve... so
[Image: normal_47clamps.jpg]

47 clamps later i think we have it adhered well...

has anyone heard the term "bitch" because this was it!
I notice that one of your clamps is orientated differently then the others. Looks like the 10th or so from the front. Is there some methodolgy to that? Just kidding. Dang thats a lot of clamps!
Go Bill go. Looking good.

James Sanders

Ahoy Bill,

Some thief or pirate came by the other day, and now a number of clamps are missing. Of course, Glendale PD immediatley put out an all points bulletin, but something as discreet and small as clamps make identifying the contraband a rather arduous task.

Bill, I say all of this, not to accuse you or any other thief, but merely to caution you about publishing photos of clamps. Every BYYB ne'er-do'well may well come by under the pretense of looking at the boat, but with the real intention of pilfering a clamp or two whenever your back is turned.

Be careful with those photos, Bill. Be careful with those clamps. Be careful about whom you may invite to help you build the canoe. I did not want to say anything the other day, but the crew you had assembled looked like a motely bunch to me, especially that Barnacle Jim. I noticed he kept looking at your Fest-tool sander. Others present clearly had sticky finger, though they tried to blame the epoxy, saying that the glue had somehow gotten on their fingers. I suspected another ruse. Sticky or epoxied fingers would make picking up an extra clamp or tool much easier. If they got caught with tools in their hands, they could always plead epoxied fingers, sticky fingers, unintentional picking up of tools.

Now, as to the boat itself, wow! The clamps and gunnel may twist and shout for now with compound curves running everywhere, but soon when she is launched, those who see her will twist and shout in admiration. Well done, Bill. Well done.
Looking good you guys. I almost dropped by on Sunday but it got too late by the time I was down that way. She's looking good Bill!
Thank you all for the kind comments and for the well headed advice Jim... I will be sure to paint all of my clamps and tools a pretty pink or something so they can be easily identified.

Terry, in answer to your comment; the one clamp is oriented differently than the others, this is because there was not room enough between the other clamps to turn the screw to tighten it; either that or Bruce was confused or maybe a bit befuddled because of either the heat or maybe the result of Anheuser-Busch's fine creation of Bud Light...

Tonight we put on the starboard side gunnel and coincidentally used the exact same amount of clamps

In a few weeks I will be having a sale on clamps and will be willing to buy them back from the buyer the next time I decide to build another stripper Smile