BYYB Forums

Full Version: Getting ready for Guntersville, AL and the Gathering!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does it always seem like I have to rush in order to get ready for a boating event? Sad Of course, Jim Stumpf correctly says that we need these get-togethers to motivate us to get a bunch of projects done and I have to agree.

The event I am getting ready for is the Glen-L gathering on Lake Guntersville, AL this weekend. They are estimating between 50 and 60 folks will be there with all sorts of different Glen-L designs to admire. A couple of notable things are happening there that related to the BYYB. Jim Stumpf is handing the halyards of his beautiful RUDUNYET to Ken Castille and the SW fleet will be toasting its new addition probably with some Sailor Jerry rum. Bud will be there though he hasn't yet figured out how to strap his smoker on the back of his pocket cruiser yet. I figure if he ever does he will always have boats to leeward wanting to smell that wonderful cooking. Keith will be there with his Vacationer and I will be there with my C12 "Little Gem" and its new sleeping arrangements...I think...

Right now I am scrambling to finish the "floor" for where the cabin will be. The floor is needed both because it is a V bottomed boat and it provides storage underneith. Trying to avoid the junk to the cockpit maneuver in order to go to bed. I have already finished my doger/cabin using sunbrella and while it doesn't look professionally done it will work. I just finished a new set of gaff jaws to accomodate the thicker birdsmouth mast. Now I need to get the rigging in place!

Overall, I just can't wait! Other than Keith, Ed and I getting together to bob and bake on Lake Hartwell, I haven't gotten together with boatbuilders for too long a time.