BYYB Forums

Full Version: My New Stripper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here are some pictures of my new STRIPPER

Day one

[Image: normal_100_3010.jpg]

(i forgot to set the date on the stupid digital camera, it should be 8-11-2007)

Today

[Image: normal_100_3316.jpg]
One has to wonder which of the two of you plays the music and which dances? The boat looks fantastic though!
[Image: jukebox.gif] [Image: dance-cpatch.gif]
[Image: 27_laughing.gif][Image: rotfl.gif]
very funny Terry.
Bill Your boat looks fantastic, it took only two months to make a beautifull boat like that?
Brian.
Bruce, the one on the left is a slave driver. the canoe is actually going to be a present for his sons 40th birthday in July... i thought it would take us MUCH longer to get where we are. there is still much to do; we are on the second coat of varnish on the outside with two or three more to go, then we have to clean out the inside and have it ready for glass by next saturday when AdLa is going to be here to help along with others such as Barnacle Jim. then two more coats of epoxy and again four coats or so of varnish, then the seats and gunels.

James Sanders

Ahoy Bill,

I have it on good gossip that Barnacle Jim will not only be present but will be bringing some epoxy with him. That rascal will try to make himself look helpful, but don't trust him, Bill. Don't trust him.

I don't know whether or not canoes have hatches, but even if that canoe does not, nail every hatch down. Nail the furniture in the house to the floor even if you must use concrete nails.

Above all, protect that Fest sander of yours with your life. Barnacle Jim has been telling others what a great tool it is! Don't trust him, Bill. And if he should say, "Man overboard, man overboard!" don't let Adla or others run out into the front yard thinking that some emergency really exists. It doesn't. Just keep your hand on the sander, and keep away from any epoxy he may offer.
Bill, I love to watch you strip Tongue ! She is looking great!! Wish I was a bit closer so I could come over.
You're sick Scott! Nice looking boat

Keith

James Sanders

Ahoy,

Much like Thoreau, I suppose, I went to the boatshed to confront only the essential facts of life. Actually, I went because Bill Olney had invited me and had asked a number of people to lend a hand.

The boat is beautiful. As to the scheduled work (what there was of it) evidence was immediately apparent and immediately not apparent. There had been some application of epoxy here and there, but everything (and everybody) was far too wet. Everything had to be postponed until another day and another afternoon. You might say that much like the character in Chaucer, people looked a lot busier than they actually were.

Bill Olney and others took photos of the day's event and non-event alike.
You'll have to wait for the photos. Until then, you can take my good word that I and others were there, and that photos were taken by someone at some time during the day, whether afternoon or morning I cannot say.

(I did see Craig Gleason and Adla Earl. At least, the two looked a lot like them. I did not ask for proper photo identification, you understand. All in all, it was a good afternoon. No one had to call the sheriff. No 911 calls had to be made.)
We got the interior glassed on sunday just in time to clean up and scoot to the airport....what a weekend....

Bill has the pictures - I have some from saturday but none from sunday since I was busy telling the glass to stay still and stay put.

a.

sorry such a short trip! and Craig sorry to miss you sunday morning....I had to curl my hair before we went back to Bruce's - can't fiberglass without the proper amount of make-up and blow dryer time.
I guess I gave up too early on you guys. Happy to hear all went well and you caught your plane. Curled or otherwise. 8)