BYYB Forums

Full Version: "New" boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,
Well, I did it. Because of health issues, the wife decided that I didn't need to be building a boat. She has graciously agreed to let me buy one. :lol:
I just got off the phone with Jim Stumpf and intend to buy Rudunyet. We still have a couple of details to iron out. I am haveing a defibulator/pacemaker implant tomorrow and the outcome of that will determine the date for transfer.
Anyone looking for a pre-cut Vacationer keel?? It is douglas fir and slightly larger then the plans. It can be cut back to match plan measurements.
Ken
Congrats Ken on your new aquisition. I'm sure you are getting a fine vessel, from what I've heard, and seen pictures of. Jim is probably glad to see it go to a happy owner. You best get on the mend, and go enjoy sailing "Rudunyet"
Welcome to the madness!!!

Greg
Ken I feel your decision to buy a ready built boat is a good one. The only down side that I can see is you will miss out on all the woury and pain of building. Let your friends here know if you need some help.

James Sanders

Hi Ken,

Yes, indeed, congratulations. As Ed said, you won't miss the epoxy rash, miscuts, and misfits.

Speaking of misfits, you may want to use a little Clorox on your new boat. By that I mean you may want to disinfect at least the cockpit and deck. There have been some misfits on or near that boat. I don't want to mention any names, but somehow the likes of Scott Widmier and Bill Olney come to mind.

Again, congratulations. Adventure begins. And who knows, maybe like Jim, you, too, will have Scott Widmier as a sailing partner. I hope so.
Various piratical crews have taken over that vessel from time to time - these ones seemed to be of the more polite and cleaner sort. It's a great boat, you should be quite happy with it.

[Image: F1010025.jpg]
Congratulations Ken. I agree with Ed that it is a great decision to by Rudunyet. You get to fulfill Your dream, You lucky dog, thats a great boat. Photos of that boat helped inspire me, and with You buying it I can get a close up look at her.
Jim, Epoxy Rash? Confusedhock:
Again good luck with your surgury tomorow.

Brian.
Wonderful idea, buy the boat pre-built and save the scratching. Unfortunately, the itch is a non-curable, self-inflicted illness, with only one, usually painful and costly bit of symptom release - building. You've managed to stave off a wee bout with the witch, that all of us can attest is a wench that needs satisfaction, but eventually you'll succumb to the same pain that has all of us building, cussing and talking like drunken sailors. Good fortune to you and you merry sails aboard, but be for warned, you have the disease and there is no cure other then building your own. Hold on as best as you can, enjoy the fine craft you managed into and hope for an understanding mate when the itch becomes the inferno we all are well accustomed with.
First off we all wish Ken a speedy recovery and the best of health in the future.

I am thrilled that RUDUNYET will be going to someone that knows and appreciates the design. It is also Ironic that she will be following Scott Widmier to GA were she can be a reminder of all the times I smoked him up here in Ohio :lol: I hope that Ken will get as much enjoyment out of her as I did and I also hope that he gets the oppurtunity to get her in the water, I am ashamed to say that the ole girl has not been on the water since last fall and has been feeling lonely as I have devoted all of my sailing time to Primerose this season.

I hope that the SE fleet will take care of Ken, it is a real blast to take part in an active fleet and I hope that you guys encourge each other to get out on the water. It pains me that the NE Fleet and the Erie Fleet which were very active in the past have faded, I miss getting together with BYYB friends. ( A great example is in Andrews pic above of his daughter and mine attacking all ships on the high seas at the Mega)

Best of luck to Ken and all of the SE Fleet
[Image: 1190768977.jpg]
Smoked me huh! :twisted: Ironic that the picture should be from Seneca because I do remember one sail on that lake where I smoked you enough that by the time you got to our lunch cove I had finished eating! :lol:

Glad I will be seeing Rudunyet though I do wish her builder and builder's family was moving down as well. Come to the waarrmmmth. Think about how much longer a sailing season we have and how much shorter drive it is to the BEER cruise. Confusedhock:

Ken is getting a great boat and I look forward to sailing with her again.
Ken Congratalations on the new boat. She is a fine boat. I looked her over at the Mega and made photos of her. She will be a great addition to the South East Fleet. I am sure your heart will get a lot better since the Admiral has agreed you should buy the boat, but go ahead and get the pacemaker if she insist (she could change her mind) Good luck on both counts. Bud. :wink: