BYYB Forums

Full Version: Nov 2-4 Walker Lake (CANCELED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok - I thought we could start a new thread with the proper date as a heading.

We will keep an eye on the weather. The place to watch is Reno - Walker seems to get the Reno storms. It isn't cold here yet - just pleasant.

I hope this turns out nice - bring your fishing poles because the fishing is best in the the months of November December January and February

a.

aaron_stokes

good call on the new thread, a. what are lower temps like during the winter at walker? i know we are going well before winter beginns but i am curious how bad it can get as a worst case scenareo. have you started your new navigator yet? i think i am leaning on the 6 m whaler for my next project. i know, i know. i am still in the middle of a vacationer..... will the insanity never end?!? :roll:
It's been awfully quiet lately. What's everyone up to? Anything fun? I've been very busy lately with my music but it's tapering off now and I'm able to think about other things. Getting excited about our trip in November.

aaron_stokes

greetings maestro! i think everyone is slowing down. as far as my list of goings and comings, i have been all over the place. i just got back from st louis, mo. that misssipppi river is sure a big strech of water. it is more beutiful than i remember (i used to live close to the mississippi). it got me thinking.... it sure would be cool to sail the muddy river sometime but i could use some local info and advice from those who have sailed it before. i wonder if it is possible to sail the entire river.... i bet someone in the byyb knows what is what on that subject. emagine sailing past the gate way to the west in st. louis. i gotta do it! Tongue

we are all looking forward to walker. the kids and denese can't wait.
i can't wait either....i hope the weather holds....

can't trust the reports really - just have to look at the radar etc.

as you all know i am in phoenix this weekend....and then we can start really nailing down our details for Walker...

a.

Darick_Anderson

Hi everyone!!!!

It has been quiet. My new job is working out well and we are catching up on the finances but walker lake is out of the question at this point. Nimbus needs to be registered and that will just have to wait. So we are out until spring it looks like. Cry My mini cup has been on hold since I started the new job, but now I will have the money to buy the epoxy and glass, and do everything they way I want. I,m sad that I won,t be there but glad I finally found a good job. Where is the best place to get the epoxy from?
any help wpold be great Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

aaron_stokes

sorry to hear that you will be absent this fall. congrats on the job!

as to the epoxy, i always order mine from raka. just plunk their name in your surch engine and it will come up. they specialize in epoxy.
I can't make it either. My sailing life has been in turmoil this year. I only got out a few times, and they were all pretty bad times.

Personal Update: I'm in the new house and sold the old one. I've got the basement finished and yard mostly in. That's been good. Now that my free time was looking up, the owner of the business where I work, died. I'm trying to keep the place going, but I'm the only one in the office now and that means that I can't take any vacations or be sick. I don't know how long that is going to last. The only time I'm not tied to the office is Saturday (can't even leave Friday night), and Sunday. It will probably take a year before I can get anyone trained to take over, and right now I don't know if that is even going to be possible.

Anyhow, have a fun time. Next year, if you do something within a few hours drive I could do something on a Saturday. Other than that I'm just going to have to settle with reading the adventures and being jealous.
GO WITH WEST SYSTEM. if you have a west marine near you they sell it, if not you can order it from Jamestown distributors (be sure to use the clubs discount). if you want raka we have a discount for them as well and you can find there contact information there.

aaron_stokes

to weeks to go!!!

do we have a head count yet? (mast count-whatever)

what should we bring? wHaT aRE wE GoIng Too Be PlaNinG On?

according to the weather reports it is much warmer there right now than here! lets go a week early Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4